Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Room - Scrolling Credits - "Improper Argument Encountered" Bug - When Will It Be Fixed?
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]

Good day. I happened yesterday to attempt to use a lengthy scrolling end credit that I had created with PD10. I had not used that function since the first release of PD11, when I reported the bug. The "Improper Argument Encountered" bug that I documented with the first release of PD11 showed up again. I am running the latest PD11 patch.

Of course, I can go back to my PD10, installed on my laptop, and create my credits there, but what about those folks with only one version (PD11)? I know that they can use Tony's workaround, but it would be nice if CL would schedule this annoying bug for a fix.

Anyone have any idea when we can expect the Title Room to work as it should and not impose a character restriction on the scrolling up title?

Thanks. Have a great day. Turn "rant off."

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Ah Phil,

Those who are old and grey may remember my "bete noir" so to speak, which was the diagonal black line on one edge of the perspective scrolling titles in PD8 or 9 (memory going) , which sort of meant they could only be used against a black background. I reported it in beta testing but (from my failing memory) it never ever got fixed in that version at all, but the next version was OK.

Be prepared to invest in the PD12 corrected version, which will be fully functional in all aspects (well, apart from ...........)

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.