Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio on produced video needs changing - how?
Graham J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2011 12:01 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Hope someone can help here please.

As a newbie to Powerdirector and also visually disabled, can someone run me through the following: I have a video which needs the copyrighted music changing as it infringes on the copyright of the included track and a friend wants it uploading to Youtube. I hopefully intend changing the audio track and changing this to a non-copyright track BUT, the first part of the original track has a small commentary (non-copyright) which I wish to keep.

How do I separate the old track for deletion but keep the commentary in-place?

How do I place the new track in-place, keeping the commentary intact?

As I have never used PD 11 before, a step-by-step would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for any/all input.
Graham

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2013 14:30

bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Graham,

I am no expert but let me give you my views:

As long as the music and voice are together in the same file, they will also be on one audio track in PowerDirector and you can't simply separate them from each other in any common software.

The audio may be together with the video if they are originally together in one file. You can separate the audio from the video in PowerDirector to have them on two separate tracks OR you can mute the audio and use new audio tracks instead.

I assume your audio is one recording that doesn't allow separating voice from music.

If I were you, I would record new voice over using a microphone and put it on one track. I would put the new music on another track. You can mix the audio tracks setting each one's volume in PowerDirector.

Now how exactly you proceed is probably shown in some tutorial videos. What are the practical limitations from your visual impairment. Is it better for you to use such video tutorials with voice comments or handle a written text?

Jirka
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks for your reply Bolda.

Written text is probably easier for me to follow, i.e. a step by step rundown.

Your input is much appreciated
Graham
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the forum Graham J. Not knowing how you have the audio setup. If it's in different tracks or not. I did a screen capture of PD 11 in a few ways maybe setup. Showing how to remove them. Here is a link showing how to remove audio. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djuIIG76DM&list=UUzDcl9HECTxu2mNPgXJUfeA&index=1 Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your welcome Michael and input too.

I will take a look at your Youtube tutorial.

Much appreciated
Graham
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
That helped very much Michael, many, many thanks
Graham
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hope someone can help here please.

As a newbie to Powerdirector and also visually disabled, can someone run me through the following: I have a video which needs the copyrighted music changing as it infringes on the copyright of the included track and a friend wants it uploading to Youtube. I hopefully intend changing the audio track and changing this to a non-copyright track BUT, the first part of the original track has a small commentary (non-copyright) which I wish to keep.

How do I separate the old track for deletion but keep the commentary in-place?

How do I place the new track in-place, keeping the commentary intact?

As I have never used PD 11 before, a step-by-step would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for any/all input.
Graham

Try this:
1. In the Media Library, Right Click > Extract Audio.
2. In a audio editor or In Powerdirector place the extracted audio on a audio track.
2a. Put only the extracted Audio on a PD audio track. (nothing else)
3. find where you want to split the comment from the other audio. Click split. Remove the last part of the audio.
4. Produce Audio format only.
5. You can now use that comment in your video production anywhere you wish.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Carl, brilliant feedback guys.

Graham
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl

>>Produce Audio format only<<

How do I do this please? All the rest is sorted

Many thanks
Graham
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Graham,

I guess I misunderstood your problem the first time I read it. I thought your music and voice were mixed but I see now they're at different time positions. I suppose Michael's guide was what you needed, then.

As regards Carl's advice, I don't think it's necessary to produce the audio. In fact, you can "Unlink Video and Audio" on right clicking a clip. Then you can split, delete, move around or whatever you wish to do with the audio track independently of the video within your project.

If you do want to "produce" the audio only, click on the Produce button in the top menu row (below the main menu, actually), next to the Edit button, which should be highlighted. You will be presented with a choice of output formats through eight relatively large buttons at the left top. The bottom right one (musical notes) is to produce audio only.

Have fun...

Jirka
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Jinka. A brilliant forum with much help.

Graham
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please ensure the topic title is closer to the subject matter.
New title inserted: Audio on produced video needs changing - how?
Forum Moderator
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry about that
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl

>>Produce Audio format only<<

How do I do this please? All the rest is sorted

Many thanks
Graham

Look like Bolda answered your question.

There is audio only formats on the Produce Tab.
It has two music notes on the tab.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2013 19:16

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to all for your help guys, very much appreciated.

Graham