Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
png files
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please confirm that PhotoDirector 4 Ultra won't work with png images ! That seems strange.

I can't open some images posted on this site with PhotoDirector.

Yes, I see that it won't from the supported file section of the requirements. It will do jpeg, tiff and a whole host of raw image formats. I guess we will just have to ask people not to post png images (or I have to set a defferent default.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2013 12:36

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

You are right on both counts. PhD will not import .PNGs into the library. Compatible formats are .JPEG, .TIFF and range of RAW formats.

It does seem strange because PhD generates .PNGs in Object & Background removal modules. It also imports .PNGs into Photo Composer and Watermark Creator. So, clearly PhD does work with .PNGs - just not in the library import.

I'm afraid I can't explain that apparent inconsistency.

Perhaps members could consider this when attaching images others may wish to open in PhD (without converting).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working on a project right now and this is frustrating the hell out of me.

I edit an image, PD4 saves it as a .png and then won't let me continue working on it because it won't re-import it!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Tom~