Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems downloading PD
Daniel2013 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2013 08:39 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
This is an ongoing problem for me. When I try to download PD, the download fails with file invalid or file corrupted. I have already attempted to download at least 6 times now. Usually, I don't get the error message until towards the very end of the download. Each time I try to download, it takes at least FOUR hours each. So, I'm really getting annoyed with this. I also tried downloading the trial version which downloaded successfully, used up the trial period in an effort to have the ability to activate with my key after the trial expires, but there is no way of activating, only purchase - again.

Also, after each download attempt, the download expires and then I got to go back to support to get another valid download link!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2013 10:29

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
sounds like your internet connection is "timing out' on the download. I don't know where to extend that tho'...oor maybe antivirus is kickinf in.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Following up on what James has mentioned. You need to explain to CyberLink support the problem and ask them to provide you with a different set of download files, a collection of compressed files in the RAR format with one exe which will open all.

There is a free software called "Download Manager" which will allow you to
1. download using up to 10 feeds at a time (it's quick) per file.
2. retain previously downloaded data so it's not lost if your connection breaks. Download Manager, can restart downloading a part downloaded file.

Please explain the problem clearly and ask for PDR11 in the manner I have written.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2013 13:56

Daniel2013 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, I sent support message for those alternative download files. Can you give me the link for "download manager". Also, I currently have DAP, in fact, I have been using Download excellerator plus with PD. Have you heard anything negative about this download manager?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Daniel2013 ,
If you Google "Free Download Manager" you'll locate it. While I do use the software and have to date had no problems with it on the w7 set up. I do not recommend or endorse it by mentioning it here.
Dafydd
Daniel2013 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update to PD download problem:

Cyberlink support sent me a download url with the login crudentials for PD11, but, when I tried to enter the login crudentials via firefox, I received an error message which is attached here.
[Thumb - download error message.png]
 Filename
download error message.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1932 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,
Send me the information given toy you via PM and I'll check the download etc.
Forum Moderator
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the information.
Here's a quick report:
1. Using FireFox I was able to access the file to download and save to a folder.
2. Using "Free Download Manager" I was able to access the file and initiate the download.

I did not complete the download, just started the process in both cases.

The message you've received does not appear to be a Firefox error message.

Dafydd
Daniel2013 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the information.
Here's a quick report:
1. Using FireFox I was able to access the file to download and save to a folder.
2. Using "Free Download Manager" I was able to access the file and initiate the download.

I did not complete the download, just started the process in both cases.

The message you've received does not appear to be a Firefox error message.

Dafydd

Success finally!
After 6 attempts at 4 hours per, finally got it to download. I used "free download manager". Thanks for the information Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 15:23