Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Corrupt Video File
Germ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2012 15:40 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

I have a corrupt video file from my HD recorder, a Humax 5200C.
It is an MPEG2 TS file using H.264 video.
There is about 3 hours of recording, but my PowerDirector 11 (latest build) shows only 1 hour.
Who can recommend a utility of tool to repair the file?

Thanx from Holland

Germ Wind
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Folks,

I have a corrupt video file from my HD recorder, a Humax 5200C.
It is an MPEG2 TS file using H.264 video.
There is about 3 hours of recording, but my PowerDirector 11 (latest build) shows only 1 hour.
Who can recommend a utility of tool to repair the file?

Thanx from Holland

Germ Wind

How do you know that the file is actually as long as you think. -- 3 hours ? Compare the file size of that file to another one of known length that works OK. Let us know.

How did you get the file onto your computer? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Germ [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Humax was programmed to record 3 hours and the filesize is consistent with it (18 gigs). The Humax lets you transfer files to the pc through ftp. Real nice feature.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The Humax was programmed to record 3 hours and the filesize is consistent with it (18 gigs). The Humax lets you transfer files to the pc through ftp. Real nice feature.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. Have you used that method to transfer about that much time before?

Please tell us about your computer. Attach "partB" as defined here.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

I don't know of any program that will do a simple repair of the video files especially since it seems to be the correct file size. If you try to play the file using a video player, does it stop at one hour (using fast forward) until about the 55 minute mark?

What do you "see" in PD 11 when you put the file into it? Does the timeline show only one hour? or does the preview stop.

What is your ultimate goal for the video? Video File or DVD? I'm sure that you recognize that that 3 hours of video will just barely fit on a double layer DVD but at a reduced quality.
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Germ ,
1. Please provide a screenshot of the edit workspace with the video in Track one. Make sure the full content of the track is in the image please.
2. Using a software called MediaInfo, please provide the full properties of the video file.
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Post the information (text file) as an attachment with your reply. Select Post Reply: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/27086.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2013 07:56

Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
What file system does your computer use, is there a 4GB limit on single file size?

did you store it on an external drive which may have had old file system FAT?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2013 08:48

RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Germ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all for the replies. I've been busy with this problem.
PD 11 showed me only the first hour of video, Nero Video and Nero Recode too.
There is a software program called ts-doctor that fixed the problem. Website is http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_e.html. You open the corrupted video is ts-doctor and a fixed copy is produced that opens perfectly in PD 11. It's a fast and straightforward piece of software.
Again, thanks for your support on this one.

Regards from Holland

Germ Wind
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Germ,
Very interesting. Thanks for the followup post/information.
Dafydd