Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu Ray ans Power DVD Ultra Problems
Darrin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2008 15:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased a Lite-On Blu-Ray DVD player today, and it came with Power DVD 7 in the software bundle. I have already upgraded to Power DVD Ultra, but I cannot get it to play my Blu-Ray DVDs. My system is configured as follows:

abit mobo (AN-M2HD)
AMD 5600+ OCed to 3.32 GHz
PNY NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
320 Seagate SATA HDD
Lite-On SATA Bllu-Ray DVD ROM
Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Every time I hit play in PowerDVD Ultra it freezes, and when I open the task manager it says that the program is not responding. My HDD seems to be running until I end the task, due to the light being on constantly. My Blu-Ray DVD ROM doesn't act like it is accessing anything, but when I go into My Computer to browse the files on the Blu-Ray disc, it works like it should. That is why I am thinking that it is something within the Power DVD program. If anyone can help me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Samuel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 23:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Ultra is problem heaven have fun trying to get some problems solved because they're customer support is horrible. I got the LG blue ray and I also have problems and when I tried to contact customer support its all automated including email they just give you steps, submit your info and wait for the next couple of weeks for the same result. Just wait for windvd to come out with there blue ray software it will be worth it.
Preston [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2008 16:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have SPDIF out enabled?

I contacted suppot for an issue where BD discs (I havent tried regular dvds) freeze when using SPDIF out.

SPDIF out works on Media player classic and in windows, but crashes powerdvd.

WinDVD 9 doesn't have SPDIF out functionality as far as I can tell.

The reason I Need SPDIF out so badly is that if I have to have the signal decoded by windows I lose surround sound thanks to Creative's LACK of vista support for my onboard Audigy sound Card.