Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
lengthening a video clip
[Post New]
I have a brief showcase video of one of my pieces in rotation. I want to lengthen the time of the video. It's ok (in fact, preferable) if the rotation be slowed down as the video time is expanded. How can I lengthen the run-time of a video? [PD11, Win8]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2013 00:49

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Select the video clip, and put the 'cursor" at the end on the timeline (you should see a 2-way arrow) now drage to the length you want.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Select the video clip, and put the 'cursor" at the end on the timeline (you should see a 2-way arrow) now drage to the length you want.
Jim

You forgot one detail, if the video is complete, you must hold down Ctrl to stretch the video, will create slow motion AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
Thanks very much, playsound. Yours was the missing step needed to lengthen and slow down my video.

Thanks, too, james1 for taking the time and interest to respond.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well there you go, I have been using PD since PD6 and never knew holding down Control I can stretch a completed video, all be it slowing down the video.

Always learning. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well there you go, I have been using PD since PD6 and never knew holding down Control I can stretch a completed video, all be it slowing down the video.

Always learning.

I just read this older post and didn't know this was possible either. You do learn something all the time! I would have gone through a much longer and time consuming process.

Nice tip! Thanks Playsound!

Thought I would bump this helpful tip!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
What Robert and Kevin said....

That would be cool to split a small section from a clip and have that portion go s-l-o-w m-o and then normal again.... I think I will go look.....
I'm back.... it does.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2013 22:27

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]

Robert2 S wrote:

Always learning.

Well said Robert....

And with deepest respect and admiration.

We will miss you Robert and the way you flew in the sky. Rest in peace my friend.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2013 22:31

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.