Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fixed : Color Director Trial crashes Power Director 11
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I installed the trial of Color Director this morning and now whenever i try to open PowerDirector 11 (with color director closed) it crashes. I had to restore computer to before Color Director to get it working again. I did send in the crash report. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. Event log below.

Also does anyone know if the Color Director included in the Upgrade from Photo Director 3 to Photo Director 4 Suite is the full (Ultra) version or a cut down OEM Color Director?

Edit Spell correction.
[Thumb - event.png]
 Filename
event.png
[Disk]
 Description
Event Log for PD11 Crash
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
363 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 13. 2013 07:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello stevek,

Welcome to the CDR forum.

From what I've read, the ColorDirector included in the PhotoDirector Suite is the FULL version. That would make sense as the PD Suite includes FULL versions.

I am unable to confirm that with CL at the moment, because CLHQ is closed for Chinese New Year. I believe Tech Support is still operating. I will seek confirmation for you & post it here.

In an effort to get the answer, I attempted to download the trial of PhD Suite but it (the downloader) crashed 3 times! No luck there.

Regarding the crashing of PD when you open CDR, I haven't seen that reported anywhere. Nor has it occurred here. Not being so technically inclined, the even data doesn't give ma any clues.

Perhaps running Microsoft's FixIt http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/ might help determine the cause. Obviously, PD was working perfectly well prior to installing CDR.

I'm afraid I cannot be much help on that front, Steve. I can't even refer to another user's issue as it's not been reported.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Usually the third time is the charm but in the case, the second time worked. I re-downloaded the trial, turned off my anti-virus and re-installed. So far so good. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Phew!

Pleased to read that it's up and running Steve.

PIX PIX YouTube channel