Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you stop transitions from messing up proceeding clips
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2013 14:33 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys

I had to go back and make some edits from early clips in a video I am making. In doing so I had to alter some transitions and it kept totally throwing all the proceeding clips totally out of whack with the timing. Is there a way to lock those clips so that this doesn't happen?
Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaycw7,

Use Cross as the default transition behavior rather than Overlap.

Preferences/Editing.

Dafydd
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2013 14:33 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that I can only use the cross transition to avoid having timing get messed up?

davos [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Sep 27, 2011 03:09 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
I have transitions set to cross as default as suggested, however when I apply the fade transition the following piece of film is always static for a second or two.
Is there any fix for this?
all the best
David
Seaslug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2011 04:19 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
You can always re-sync manually with overlap transitions, bit of a pain but the only way if you want movement across transitions, you are effectively shortening the track with overlaps where as cross freezes the frames thus retaining track length.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2013 08:07

Dave