Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Trial Version overlay"
[Post New]
Anybody know if the "Trial Version overlay" can be removed once you purchase the full version? I have video I made during the trial and when I go to produce it the overlay is still there. Don't want to have to reshoot all the footage .
Help!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi sirvincentblack -

Once you've purchased the full version, uninstalled the trial & installed the full version, yo'll be able to open your project and produce it with no overlay.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I guess the file i'm trying to produce has the overlay embedded. I deinstalled the trial yesterday and installed the purchased version today and it is still there. Don't think i have the originals. Snap* back to shooting
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry -

Maybe I misunderstood.

If you've previously produced the video, using the trial version, the over lay is embedded. All you have to do is re-produce from the original project.

You won't need to re-shoot the video, unless you've deleted the original clips from your PC & your camera. PD doesn't change the original clips at all.

Do you still have the project (.pds)?
Where are the original clips stored on your hard drive?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I think I figured it out. There was a green title track in one of the lower clip slots. I just unchecked it and for good measure deleted the text. Seems to have worked.
[Post New]
Quote: I think I figured it out. There was a green title track in one of the lower clip slots. I just unchecked it and for good measure deleted the text. Seems to have worked.

You are right
Project saved by PD trial is added the text for 5 seconds.
Just delete the text Cyberlink .... AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate