Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Future of Encoding is Almost Here: HEVC (H.265) is Coming
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I was just reading about the coming 4K video.

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/01/h265-hevc-video-streaming-4k Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. But the industry has yet to even look at this. It is only a proposed standard. A good one from what I've read about it. And even better than h.264 as it compresses more with very good results. Win 10, i7
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Sounds good but will it be a free codec of will it reuire licensing of some sort.
Jim
p.s. Not sure how these codec distribution works.. Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
It will be 2 years before it's mainstream ! Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
When you get your first 4K video camera, Power Director 11 Ultimate is ready for it. It is supposed to edit 4K videos.

Please post a link to your first 4K video so that we ... oops that won't work will it?

I'm not ready for a 4K TV or monitor (ca $5000 US).

Sounds like the industry is grabbing at everything it can get - 3D, 4K, etc. to lure people away from gaming consoles. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have a 4K camera at this time. I guess in a few weeks I will oder a GoPro Black for the motorcycle. I guess it will shoot 4K but I want use that settting on the motorcycle. I might play with it off the bike.

I pick up a Canon HD camcorder in December. Trying to lean to use it right with the manual settings. It replace a old Sony DV camcorder that I have not used for few years. I have been reading a lot seams like a lot of people are using DSLR cameras for video. A lot to learn on them. I have even been doing through Vimeo video school for I can learn editing and shooting video more. Last week I watch a guys videos on learning DSLR even know I don't have one to learn more about settings that cameras has. How to set exposure and all that good stuff.

I know PD 11 is ready for 4K. When it was brought up before I download a 4K short clip and produce it to 1080p.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2013 09:48

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Try not to bast...ize a DSLR by shooting videos with it. Most of the ones I know about record in proprietary mov format that some video editors have problem with; especially the audio. I'm not convinced that DSLRs use the manual settings.

I have a Nikon D80 DSLR that does NOT do videos. Having said that, it is very convenient for me to use my Canon camcorder HV30 to also take 14mb still images. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.