Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch update fail
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Here's an interesting one (well sort of).

I played around with my PD10 installation to see if I could get WaveEditor1 working but gave up eventually, as something more interesting came along.

Late on, I thought I'd update to the latest patch, downloaded and ran and it failed See attached video.

Now I have to sort out the PD10 installation properly, interesting how the patch update checks/is dependent on previous installations??

EDIT
Sorry should have explained better, tried to download the latest PD11 patch, seemed to have downloaded the latest PD10 patch, got the fail, even tho my PD10 is activated to 1703 and runs perfectly normally. Now cannot get the stupid downloader to work at all.

Time to switch off and have a drink, should this now be in the PD10 forum, I wonder?

Cheers
Adrian

Filename
patch fail.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2013 13:10

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
vn800rider ,

I just read that your gov't is suggesting all Brits make some snowmen to avert a flood. It sure looks good right now. But perhaps you already had that in mind when you composed your last sentence ???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2013 14:27

Win 10, i7
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
vn800rider,

When you installed Powerdirector 11 did it not install Wave Editor2?

Won't Wave Editor2 work in Powerdirector 10?

Time to switch off and have a drink, should this now be in the PD10 forum, I wonder?

Cheers
Adrian

Is this post about PD11 or PD10?

If is is about PD 10 then maybe it should be posted in the PD 10 forum.

I have PD 9 Ultra and PD 11 Ultimate installed on this computer, both versions are happy, I have both updated to the latest Patch.
PD 9 patches, work on PD9 only.

PD11 patches, work on PD11 only.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
It's all a bit complicated really, and I didn't explain it very well. I played around to try to get PD10 to open WE1. PD11 seems to install WE2 over WE1 and then PD10 doesn't work with WE2. It just says it cant find WE and to reinstall.

Some time later, I tried to update the PD11 latest patch but, maybe my error but I'm not sure, the new autodownloader downloaded the latest patch for PD10.

This is the one that fails saying my copy of PD 10 is a trial - it isn't, so no update, but then I wasn't really trying to anyway.

Back to PD11 latest patch, click on downloader, message "PD downloader has stopped etc,etc"

Try the patch before the last, downloader installs, downloads and installs the patch fine.

So it's all a bit of fuss about nothing, maybe the latest patch downloader will work tomorrow?

Cheers and thanks
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2013 16:17

Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
vn800rider
[Post New]
I just read that your gov't is suggesting all Brits make some snowmen to avert a flood. It sure looks good right now. But perhaps you already had that in mind when you composed your last sentence ???

Actually, at the time of your post, nearly all the snow has gone from here, so it was a bit academic about the snowmen. But as I write, having had a couple of gin and tonic's, it has started to snow quite heavily again, so maybe tomorrow we shall be able to build an army and so prevent flooding.

Confucius