Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash, crash, crash
[Post New]
Hi

I used to get the odd crash here and there, usually when I was fiddling with transitions.. I got used to that and just made sure I saved after every transition change.. but now I am having a problem where I can't work-around:

I open my project, go to the clip I want to adjust the volume on, go into Keyframe dialog, set the first (left most) key to 75% volume, then I click on the little arrow to move to the key at the end of the clip. The preview window displays black (rather than the actual last frame) and then the program crashes. I've submitted the crash report and explained all this in there.. but it is really driving my up the wall trying to do such a simple thing.

Have attached DXDiag.txt for analysis..

Also, I have over 500GB of free space on my harddrive. I have a decent setup:
Win 64 Home Premium
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
12GB Corsair DDR3
Sapphire (Radeon) HD7850 OC 2.0GB

The clip is also just a short one of a few minutes.. MP4 from a Sony HD cam.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag text file
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)
[Post New]
Is there a way to apply for a refund based on this shockingly bad performance?? I am now editing another part of the video (decided to edit separate parts, render them, and then stitch them together after) and it's crashing on simple things like selecting a different part of the same clip..

Absolutely ridiculous and unusable. This is not some freeware software.. it's premium software that I have paid for.. seriously.. it's not doing what it is supposed to at all.
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Well seeing as how you have now lowered yourself to attacking the program and developers, maybe a few home truths are in order!

You'll note this is a peer user to user forum, here users try to assist each other as the developer, CL, does not frequent here.

We can't and won't help you with a refund, go to the CL main site and dash a note off to support.

You will also note the LACK of similar threads complaining about your issue, this is a fair indication that other users are not experiencing your issues and are happily using the program, based on this observation you can bet that it is something to do with YOUR system, OS or background running programs.

Now as a suggestion use the search box at the head of the forum to try to isolate other users who may have had similar problems and moved on to rectification.

You can rest assured the program WORKS across all platforms..........Oh except yours of course, good luck with the refund

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
Hrmm ok

Attacking vs complaining is a bit of a difference..

But ok.. if you say so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2013 00:12

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Wish you had posted a pic of your work space. When I adjust the volume I just grab the waveform in the clip and adjust it there. I don't mess with key frame points anywhere else.

How long/big is your clip?

Your computer specs certainly seems OK. And instead of giving up, try to figure out whats going on. I am using a 7 year old desktop and I have no problems. But that does not help you any. I could be several things, from needing all your drivers updated, latest quicktime update, audio and codec updates.

Is it on one clip or any clip you try to work on? Have you tried different clips. Assuming you working with a video clip. What format is it, definition, did it come from your camera? There are a lot of things that can happen.

We haven't seen but just a hand full of newer computers that actually could not run Power Director 11. Older laptops... yes...

There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable PD users in here, and we are all volunteers. But we are all on different time zones so if a question does not get answered within minutes... that's the way it is. We are from all over the world. Also Cyberlink does not monitor these forums. Like anything else, some times their support is good, and then...... The first question I have had in years a couple months ago they sent me a response within minutes, even though I thought their solution was never work... it did. I have used ever version since Version 3. And I would not say that "everyone" is a happy user. But the majority seems to be.

Usually the issue is resolved....

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2013 00:19

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
BeFi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2012 16:17 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi light487

I suggest you experiment with the graphics driver version for your Radeons. I had good results with 12.11 and frequent crashes with 13.1 (just released).

I share your frustration about PD11. While it often does what it is suggested to do it is the most unstable piece of consumer software I have seen in quite a while. I am using Nero 10,11,12 since years and it is just a different world in terms of stability and ergonomics. The only disadvantage - and that made me try PD - is that Nero isn't flexible in its use of HW-acceleration. PD is fast - if it works. The Ferrari among the video suites