Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD v Power Director
darcy13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK/Spain Joined: Jan 19, 2010 08:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Have just upgraded to a new laptop with OS Win 8. Cyberlink Power DVD10 is supplied with software
My problem is that I already have Power Director 8 which I have been using for a long time and I Like,,,,,,,,,Will the two programmes be compatible with one another?
Any suggestions would be appreciated,,,,,,,,,Thanks, , Darcy
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDirector 8 cannot work under Windows 8

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
darcy13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK/Spain Joined: Jan 19, 2010 08:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael

Thank you for your reply.

I hate to say this but I have continued with my projects on My Samsung Laptop Win8 as before....Cross checked Time Line Rendering etc all OK...Have not yet tried Burning to disc but everything else seems fine.

Samsung provided th Power DVD progs as part of software. As you will know a lot of things "not there" in Win 8 as were in Win 7..Mail server Windows Live for starters...Anyway, my concern is that My DVD progs and Power Director, on the same PC might lead to problems......Not yet though!

Hope you can get your Power Director programme sorted in Win 8. All the best
Darcy Darcy