Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles???
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if this topic has been discussed before but I did a forum search and nothing showed up.

I've added subtitles (ST) to my film, chose the option to set ST's to disc and yet when I go to burn the disc, the ST's seem like they are imprinted on the video and I can't control them on the DVD player remote.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Using PD11 (trial) on Win7 Pro 64bits, 16Gb RAM.
Thank you in advance!
KevetS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2012 20:00 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jimbo223,
Have you checked the bottom left button in the Subtitle room which gives the option to 'Create subtitles for discs' or 'Create subtitles imprinted on a video file'?
Not sure if this will do what you want as I have never needed subtitles. Win 7 64bit, 8 GB ram, Intel Q9550 2.83GHz, PD 14, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevets,

Thanks for getting back.

I've done that, set the option to create subtitles for discs.

However, there's some kind of glitch there. The ST's still get show like they're burned to the video. When I play the disc on a DVD player, the control option to enable/disable ST's (from the remote) doesn't work.

Also, the ST's seem to have a gaussian blur effect which to me makes it look like they've been burned onto film.

I've still got a clean un-subtitled MPEG backed up, and I've been trying with that each time.

My workflow is MPEG on timeline, add subtitles -> produce it (render) -> burn disc.

The option to "Create subtitles for discs" is ON if you know what I mean.

Am I missing something?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Yep, your workflow is wrong.

RE:My workflow is MPEG on timeline, add subtitles -> produce it (render) -> burn disc.

Should be:
MPEG on timeline, add subtitles -> select type of subtitle -> burn disc.

Dafydd
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, that works!
Just really glad I didn't waste a stack of DVDs for this.
Very helpful.