Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program will not start
Stein [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2008 10:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried to install Power2Go on three different computers with different software and configurations, and have also downloaded the setup files from different sources.

The result is always the same.. The install seems to go well. When I try to start the program, Windows Task Manager shows that Power2Go.exe is actice (with a CPU of about 25%) for about 5 seconds, and then disappears.. Nothing shows up on the screen..

CLUpdater launches and is active..

P2G looks like the burning suite I've always been looking for, so I would love to be able to use it, but this beats me..

Any ideas or suggestions?

EDIT:
I tried to install the patch for P2G 6, but got a message that the program IS NOT INSTALLED..

Now: the installation process seemed to be ok, all icons are there, all files seem to be in the folder.. What might have gone wrong in the installation process?? And ON THREE COMPUTERS?

All computers run on W XP SP2 and meets all requrements..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 29. 2008 09:48

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stein,

Snooze your anti-virus and disable your firewall, then try installng
Power2Go again, I have a similar problem and that seems to correct it

Regards

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Stein [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2008 10:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Robert.

Thank you for your help! The strange thing is - I tried to install several times, with anti-virus and firewall completely off, and it just doesn't work.. Not on my home computer, not on my work computer..

Here comes the even stranger thing:
I found and downloaded a cracked version (now - Don't hold this against me, I always either use freeware or I DO buy the software I use(!!!), but this time I wanted to check).. That one does install, but NOT the setup I download from Cyberlink. Also - I have tried to download that one several times with different programs!

Is there any way to explain this ???

(NB: crack is uninstalled!!!)
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2008 01:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried re-starting your machine? Try and re-start your machine and launch the application again. I have installed it, after installation I restarted my computer and the application is working perfectly
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stein,

I would suggest that you have a corrupted download, contact Technical support, provide them with your a copy of your order confirmation and explain all the steps taken by you to install the product.

They should then provide you with a new link to redownload the product, hopefully it will also include the latest update.

Power2Go 6 is a great program.

Good luck, please post any results

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Hendry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2008 03:04 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stein,

Could you help to provide the build version of Power2Go ( ex. 5.50.1.3321 ) ?

You can use file explorer and find build version by selecting the property of the main execution file.

Thanks.