Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Doesn't Let Me Change Brightness, Contrast or Exposure
Ryan16 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 28, 2012 15:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I got a new Samsung laptop with YouCam built in. However, as i open the video isn't the best of quality. I go to change the settings it doesn't let me change brightness, contrast or exposure and when i click advanced it doesn't let me manually select my brightness etc as boxes are greyed out.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post and if you can offer any help whatsoever it'll be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Ryan.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2020 21:25

Ryan McVey
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this might be related to the Camera's driver, if the driver does not offer these optione YCM cannot change it

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Or it might be related to your OEM version.
What version/build of YC are you using? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Ryan16 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 28, 2012 15:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using you cam 5 on a windows 7 Samsung laptop. Ryan McVey
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/youcam/compare_en_US.html
This links to the versions.
I am using Youcam Deluxe, Version 5, build 2308.
The exact version is found by clicking on the webcam icon (top left of UI).
If you are using anything less than Deluxe, I believe you do not get enhancement features. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BQBQ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2020 19:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I see these are very old posts. I am trying YOUCAM 9 in October 2020. My system has a C920 camera and a Sony ZV-1. YOUCAM recognizes both and can toggle between them.

In my first day of using YOUCAM, sometimes (BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST) are working and often they are greyed out. It varies by re-booting, etc. It sometimes works in C920 but so far never works in SONY. I am surprised that a software feature like this works intermittently.
GOSSS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2020 14:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I see these are very old posts. I am trying YOUCAM 9 in October 2020. My system has a C920 camera and a Sony ZV-1. YOUCAM recognizes both and can toggle between them.

In my first day of using YOUCAM, sometimes (BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST) are working and often they are greyed out. It varies by re-booting, etc. It sometimes works in C920 but so far never works in SONY. I am surprised that a software feature like this works intermittently.

Hi I have a similar problem where the functions, buttons and even the X to close are greyed out.

Where you able to fix your problem?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I would suspect that lack of, or spotty, Proc amp controls may be related to Windows 10+.
W10+ is video-driver hell, and changes with every unwanted rebuild. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)