Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Button Won't Start Video
Alan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2008 10:04 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have two problems. Number 1:

I'm using PD6. If I have a menu that has only one chapter button, everything is fine.

My video has 3 chapters, and I created a menu with 3 chapter buttons. When I preview the video, the buttons work fine using the mouse. When I burn the DVD to disc and put it in my TV's DVD player, it boots up to the menu screen, but there is no navigation - I can't move from button to button, and I can't play any of the chapters.

Problem Number 2.

I inserted a 30 second piece of music for the background of the menu. The clip works fine when testing it in the screen where you select it. And it works fine in other audio editing software that I have. But when I preview the video, it starts and runs for about 5 seconds and then jumps back to its begging and restarts, over, and over, and over again. It does the same thing on the burned video (the same one where the buttons won't work). I've burned five videos now, and the only ones where the menu will work is when I have only one chapter on the video.

I'm pressed for time on this - it's a business and not a hobby and this is a marketing video that we need yesterday. Can you please help?

Regards, Alan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The first guess (as I'm not experiencing the problem and have only had it with PD5) is the issue is to do with your remote control rather than PD6. You need to check it's configured and the buttons are applicable. Best I can offer.

Check you have the latest build of PD6 - always worth having that sorted.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

Looped music: What choices are you making - can you attach a screen capture image please (placement of file)?
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2008 13:50

Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The first guess is the issue is to do with your remote control rather than PD6.

Thanks for your response.

Since the navigation buttons on my remote work with every other DVD available in the universe (at least this universe), we can't blame it on my remote. It has to be something to do with the menu created in PD6.

Quote:
Check you have the latest build of PD6 -

I do have the latest build.

Quote:
Looped music: What choices are you making - can you attach a screen capture image please (placement of file)?
Dafydd

We're talking about a 30 second music clip to run as background for the menu. There's only one field in PD to place this file, so there really isn't anything to screen capture.

I'd really like to get this to work. Thanks for any help that you can give.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alan,
I don't want an elaborate discussion on the various remote controls out and around as that would be a waste of my time. I have posted somewhere on the forum a report on a test carried out on remote controls and the way they instigate actions. This was covered in a PD5 issue some time ago. Remote controls are varied and they are not "the same" in this area of the universe. I understand the DVD navigation set up and where you're coming from. However universal control device are a concern. Right, I'm not getting any further into remote control as it's not beneficial to me and it's up to you to investigate.

Your problem is different and has NOT been reported for PD6 on any other posting on this forum.

Go redo your chapters again (chapters have been an issue elsewhere and re-doing them might resolve this issue). I've not had your problem and cant replicate it. Please carry out the test as shown in image sdukb005. Please be careful with long file names - that might be a cause of your problem (don't know what you've chosen etc)

Audio. I asked for an image to show what you selected. Have you attempted to use a different audio file?

See attached the test image of what I selected.

In the test I carried out the 19 second audio file looped and all three menu buttons functioned. I created a Test DVD specifically to check if i could replicate your issue.

More info might resolve this.

Sorry i cant be more helpful.

Dafydd
 Filename
sdukb006.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Audio - plays no problems 19 seconds long.
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
 Filename
sdukb005.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Display test. 3 chapters, three menus - all work fine.
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are the screen shots you requested.
 Filename
PD6Problems.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Shots
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2008 16:34

Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well,

You couldn't figure out how to fix my first problem, so you went on the defensive and blamed the problem on my remote control, which has never failed with any other DVD - yeah - that makes a lot of logical sense - NOT.

For my second issue, I gave you the screen shot that you asked for two months ago. I see that you can't answer this question either. There is an obvious bug in your software and you can't figure out how you can blame it on me, my mother, my dog, or my computer, so you just ignore me and hope I'll just go away.

I've read about how poor the customer service is for this highly unstable piece of software. Unfortunately I read about it after I purchased and began using it.

I guess I'll just take it as a lesson - You win. I will go away. You got a little bit of my money, but you won't be seeing anymore of it.

I'll go and buy software from some other company who is a bit more responsible and willing to own up to their mistakes and do something to help a user through them. That's what makes a successful long term company - but you guys probably wouldn't know anything about thinking about good will and the future.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alan,

It took you 11 days to put up a report - a word document file zipped. You appear to have missed that bit off. If the forum is refreshed by the administration a posting reverts to it's original date of posting - lost for a while.

I give priority to forum members who need assistance and who respond speedily - sometimes I miss off an individual - looks like this is what happened here.

I have NONE of your money.

Now if you want ME to look at the attachment I will - send me a PM if you do.

Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2008 03:41

Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2008 20:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I have the same problem in PD6 with the non-functional buttons on the menu. I made a DVD with 10 chapters (3 per page) and it worked fine in both a DVD player and a computer I put it in. I found some photos to add to the slideshow chapter and edited the project and burned it again and now the buttons don't respond to clicks of the remote (or the mouse on the PC). The only button that works is the one that goes to the next page of the menu. I tried re-producing the disc and got the same result. I am at a loss. Any thoughts?

Tom