Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Administrator / Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Would it be possible to post what "Management Regulations of CyberLink forum" http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18337.page regulation was violated as the last post when posts are locked? Often these locks appear on valid although maybe somewhat controversial PD topics or issues while totally off topic waffling posts about weather, snow, rain, crustaceans, desserts, all non PD related as well as continued flooding of 200+ posts to bump a totally non PD related topic appear to withstand the lock. I’m just looking for some common consistency that ALL posts should be measured against so when they get locked the violation is clear.

Jeff
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I apologize for any transgression that I have committed, certainly try not to do that in the future. Some reference point would be useful.

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,
2 posts were recently lock.
One thread was hijacked by a user and the thread contained unacceptable language in one post.

Another which had been where Eugene had posted his initial topic, the discussion had been concluded. It did contain continued reference to 3rd party software but was reasonably valid to allow the thread to run. Once concluded the thread was locked, to stop the thread being hijacked. I believe Nathan provided the answer.

I may be wrong in my conclusions but the actions I took were not intended to cause upset.

The bumping of a thread I have "let go" but I have considered blocking all of them or making one a sticky for a while. I haven't received a complaint from any other editor and have let the matter "hang" until I do. Are you Jeff complaining about Neil's bumping of the free sound effects he has provided for PowerDirector Editors and would you like the threads blocked?

The lighthearted humour based posts on this forum by senior members can be off-beat and not to everyone's taste especially if they're unable to participate in the reparte. However humour or a one line comment are often used in adversity to "lighten the moment of tension" or to bring everyone just amusement. The images I uploaded recently were recorded by a JVC 3D camera to the mpo (3D) and jpg(2D), the video camera provided 2 image files for the one take. The images were used in a PDR10 video. I shared the images with Barry as he is an avid lobster and crab eater I believe and he would enjoy seeing what the local catch was. The humour/delight in the thread is part of life and I for one would rather smile than be a grump!

Forum Moderator

Edit: Adding the "bumping" response.
2nd: Humour inclusion.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2012 05:01

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Forum Moderator

My question had nothing to do with: cause upset, smiling, being a grump, or complaining about a particular post. I just asked one simple question if it would be possible to post what "Management Regulations of CyberLink forum” regulation was violated as the last post when posts are locked. This is then clear for any that care to read the thread at any point in time.

I’m just looking for some form of consistency that appears lacking in the forum concerning locked and unlocked posts relative to CL forum regulations that are established and my question was on the possibility of adding a simple sentence showing what item of the Management Regulations was violated that initiated the lock.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,
Your suggestion was noted.

Nadolig Llawen.

Dafydd