Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A Question of Buttons
allanholliday18 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2012 06:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi to All
I understand that "Power Director" only uses Video Buttons, but there are time when a Poster Frame on a Chapter would look so much better if it remained motionless, is there anyway to stop the motion when not required?

Thank you for all your help so far
Best Regards
Allan
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi to All
I understand that "Power Director" only uses Video Buttons, but there are time when a Poster Frame on a Chapter would look so much better if it remained motionless, is there anyway to stop the motion when not required?

Thank you for all your help so far
Best Regards
Allan

Hi, Alan - I couldn't agree with you more. It's lame that Cyberlink assumes everyone wants these dancing, animated video clips in their DVD menus. There are many types of videos where those look silly and very inappropriate. Users should be able to always choose the button style they want, like in most editing programs.

WELL - I have something for you to try. I brought up this exact same topic not too long ago, and the discussion thread was good - here's the link to that:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24734.page

What was offered as a solution is something you might like. At the Director's Zone, you'll find a menu template called "KISSII." It's very simple looking with all dancing thumbnails eliminated. As I say on that thread, a user can add that template to a project and then customize it anyway they want - Use still photos for buttons, just text - add a background etc. Here's a direct link to this template at DZ:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/153239

rbowser
allanholliday18 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2012 06:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser

Thank you so much for responding in such a positive way, I have downloaded KISS II which will help me I am sure

Best Regards
Allan