Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black Screen in Color Director - SOLVED
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2012 10:47 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
When in Color Director, I can't see my videos. I hear audio, but the large preview screen stays black. I also have power director 11 and all is fine there, I can edit, see all the same videos as in color director. I can import my videos in color director, drop them in the timeline ( and see them there, they are not black ) but when I double click on the videos to watch them on the large screen, they remain black ? The scene detection window also opens fine and I can see the videos, but when I add the presets effects, I can't see the results. I tried everything to solve this.... I also tried the split screen before and after to see the preset effect, still the same results, black screen.
Any idea on how to solve this ?

Thank-you !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2013 18:13

[Post New]
Hello Joe,

Welcome to the CDR forum.

I haven't come across that issue before with ColorDirector. Just to be clear, your video clip displays properly in PD, but not in CDR when you:
- watch in viewer only mode (double click)
- make adjustments using presets

Does it display properly in the library when you click Play?

What is the source of the video clip? Camera? Downloaded? Recorded?

Have you applied the latest patch (2309)? http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/colordirector/patches_en_GB.html

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pix, nothing ever displays in the viewer nor the library.

I see the videoclip icon with its image (freeze), but it does not play when I click it,only sound I hear, no moving video.
The videos are on my computer, AVCHD (.MTS) H.264. These same videos work fine in PD11.
Don't think I need the patch, I will check, because I just bought and downloaded the whole bundle just a few days ago.... I don't know when the patch was released but I will go check.
In COLOR Director, I can't watch my videos in any viewer,only sound is what I hear.The only place that I do see the whole video is when I click on the video that opens up another smaller window in the larger viewer which is the scene detection window, that is the only place I can watch the video with sound.

Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall color director, but I downloaded the whole bundle...does this mean I need to uninstall everything and reinstall everyhting including PD11, AD, CD,WAVE EDITOR ?
The download bundle included an application file and 9 RAR files, so I really do not know what to do now.....
Thanks.
Joe
[Post New]
Joe,

I think you're right. That was my first thought but wanted to make sure I understood the problem. We could spend a long time trying to work out the cause of your issue. Uninstalling & re-installing is probably a more sure-fire way to resolve it.

You have the Director Suite installer files? Yes - of course you do. Silly question.

I would uninstall first using Revo or CCleaner (cleans registry) just to make sure the issue doesn't re-occur.

If you're able to open and extract the main installer file (mines named CL_DRS120719-05.part01) using a compression/extraction utility (I use IZArc) you'll be able to isolate the ColorDirector installer & run Setup.exe

If not, you'll need to re-install the whole Director Suite.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok thank-you, will try that and will post results here.
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,did all below, no positive results, viewer still black, no video just audio ok.Sent an email to tech support..... no reply yet for solutions. Did everything, uninstall/reinstall, cleaned registry, check all my video codecs, upgraded all my video players, defrag, clean disk,performance issues, updated drivers etc !!!! Nada, no video image in color director ! Any other ideas are welcomed ! like I said previously, all these same videos work just fine in PD11 but not in CD !? Strange indeed.And its not my puter, I have a monster pc, i7 2700k @ 3.50ghz 3.80 ghz , 16 gb ram, 64 bit operating system, and excellent video graphics cards . 2tb of space etc too ... so what is going on ? Thanks all.
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
still waiting for tech support to find me solutions to this bug......
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello all, I'm back here looking for solutions to my issues.Tech support has been lousy,really. I still cannot see any video in CDR.The only place I can watch my videos are when I click on scene detection and a smaller window pops out.The larger CDR viewer stays black and I do hear sound,All theses .MTS files play fine in PD11 and I can edit and produce in PD 11 wiithout problems and of course I can watch them in the large viewer.I tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem.Including unistalling and reinstalling, check my codecs,all my drivers are ok,disabled and enabled drivers to see if it fix the probelm...... but nada ! Still unable to watch my video clips in the large CDR viewer !? All ideas for a fix are more than welcome ! Thanks all and happy/safe hoilday season to all.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JoeCan

Are you opening CDR via the link in PD11 or using CDR as a standalone program?

Try importing into CDR and not via PD11.

Would it be possible to post a 5 sec sample from your camera (to see if others can replicate your problem)?

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

I'm opening CDR as a standalone.I do have PD 11 too. I always import the video files into CDR and not Pd 11.By the way, I can't find the export function in PD 11 to open CDR ? Its not there ? The video files I import to CDR can be seen in the library and timeline,I can also see them in the pop up scene detection window but never in the larger player,only sound plays.Two days ago I sent a sample video to the cyblerlink FTP tech support site.Waiting for theor analysis.The videos are all MPEG-TS Video File (.MTS) from my Lumix GH2 camera.
Again, there is a link in PD 11 to export to CDR ? Where ? I will post a sample of my video if cyberlink does not find a solution or fix.Its been back and forth with for the last two weeks....no solutions offered so far.I think they are baffled with this just as I am !
I check almost everything I can think of, the codecs are all there,flash is working,drivers are updated, I uninstalled and reinstalled,cyberlink had sent me another new CDR .exe and it also has the same issues.I thought at first it was the MPEG-TS Video File (.MTS) that was causing the problem, but I tried other video formats that I have on my computer,same issues happen,black preview screen.So, if you can think of anything I should try to fix this, I'm all ears and eyes ! Thanks !
[Post New]
Hello again Joe,

Sorry to hear you're still having the issue.

You said "Did all of the above" (uninstalling) but you didn't say what you uninstalled.

Did you use Revo Uninstaller to completely remove Director Suite - then reboot & re-install? Obviously something is causing the issue. I use Revo often to clear up unsolvable mysteries like that.

Neil's suggestion of uploading a sample clip to the forum is a good idea. Just 5 seconds is plenty. Straight off the camera. At least that way we can determine whether it's (a) those particular clips or (b) your ColorDirector... or did you say the same problem happens with videos from other sources?

Does PD11 display your GH2 clips correctly?

Here's where PD11 & CDR integrate http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24692.page#134120

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Neil,
Again, there is a link in PD 11 to export to CDR ? Where ?

Hi JoeCan

Use the Fix / Enchance tab and in the top left corner there is the CDR logo.

Click this to load your clip into CDR.

Try this to see if the problem persists.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Joe,

Another thought.

Try uninstalling QuickTime through the control panel (Programs & Features) then download & install the latest version http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

This has corrected other similar display problems.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

Thanks for trying to help.I already did the quicktime uninstall (several times ...) it does not solve my issue.
Concerning the uninstall of director suite, I did not do that ever.I isolated CDR and uninstalled it.So,I will try your Revo idea.
Yes, videos in other formats have the same issues in CDR, black screen but hear audio.All my videos in whatever formats play well in quicktime or media player or vlc etc.All of them don't play in CDR ! Strange mystery.
Thanks.

Joe
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

Yes the link to CDR from PD 11 works.I can load my clip from PD11 to CDR. But I still have a black screen.I just did a test again, I loaded 1 clip from PD 11 to CDR, added a slient era preset, then exited CDR and the clips does open in PD 11 with the preset added,meaning in black and white, and it does appear in the large viewer of pd 11.But it never appeared in the player of CDR, I can only see the clip in the timeline,the usual issues as discussed earlier.

Thanks.
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, here is my dxdiag hoping it may help to solve my issues... Thank-you.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update: did complete uninstall of suite,removed all traces of it,cleaned registry,also did a defrag,reinstalled director suite.Same issues remain with CDR,black screen instead of video in player.
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2013 05:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
JoeCan123

Did you find any solutions, i have the same problem, I tried everything you wrote but nothing works for me as well.
[Post New]
Hello "Newbie",

I wonder if you could go to your profile & give yourself a forum nickname? That would be helpful.

Joe,

This is a total mystery. If you've completely uninstalled & reinstalled all parts of Director Suite. After the re-install, did you install the latest QT?

This probably won't help but there is a more recent version of the driver for your GPU http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html

I can see nothing in your DxDiag that might be an issue, not that I count myself as any kind of expert.

Have you submitted a support ticket?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, it was fixed a few days ago.A remote session with RD team, I would of never figured it out by myself . RD said it was graphic card compatibility issue and already reported it to NVDIA. They entered the registry editor and changed/modified/added, and it works now,no more black screen.

Thanks.