Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CL Downloader Runtime failure...... Update and fix.....
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Was trying to download the latest patch with the downloader. It fails and gives ma a runtime error.

When I do an advances dos prompt window and run the system file checker it tells me I have no bad system files (which includes run time)

I have deleted and downloaded the downloader exe file numerous times.

Yes I uninstalled runtime and reinstalled runtime.... I will send a report to CL....

Here is the response I got from CS and it worked. I renamed the Google Chrome file as I do not have it installed and apparently that folder is there because I do use Google.....

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are getting error message while downloading the patch.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that
1. Please check if either of the one path existed below.
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome
C:\Users\\AppData\Mozilla\Firefox

Note: AppData is a hidden folder, if you cannot see this folder, please refer to this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

2. If you can find above path, follow steps below see if helps:

1) Close FireFox/Chrome program and rename the folder to “_Chrome” or “_Firefox”
2) Now double click to run CyberLink downloader to download again.
3) Name back the folder if you download successfully.

By the way.... from the time I sent in my question to customer support and getting my answer was about 6 hours.....
[Thumb - Clipboard01.jpg]
 Filename
Clipboard01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
871 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2012 20:30

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. Thanks for the info Bubba.
Dafydd
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The folder I renamed was the chrome folder. I did not do the firefox folder. It still worked. I do not have chrome installed. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link