Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade from PD 11 to Director Suite
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2012 08:19 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought the update and I am ready to install.

Has anyone done this? Do or did you uninstall PD11 Ultimate first?

Have the same question in Tech Support but I am impatient. They are on a different sleeping schedule then I am.

If any one else does this - be careful with the downloads. They tell you to download 11 files but there is 22 files on the server.

One set contains a date stamp (in the file name) of 120926. The other is 120924.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the update, you may not need to uninstall first. The new installer will tell you if you do need to uninstall PD. I usually uninstall manually before a new install, but the update may need that original version in place to finish running. Like I said, it will tell you if you need to uninstall first. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I did get an answer from Tech Support. There answer was similar to yours. Thanks again.
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Did you upgrade from PowerDirector Ten or Eleven to the Director Suite?

If you upgraded from PD 11, then you already had PD 11 but added AudioDirector and ColorDirector?
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD 11 to DS, You also get Photo Director.

Install worked fine.