Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 11/Catalyst 12.10 - extremely poor preview performance
gridrunner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2012 10:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I recently purchased Powerdirector 11 Ultimate in hopes to edit some old footage of mine, coming from an old miniDV camera.

As soon as I apply any effects ("fix/enhance", transitions and "powertools" color correction or speed modification in particular), powerdirector 11 shows extremely poor performance: The preview keeps stuttering and skipping large portions of the video to the point where it becomes completely useless. This happens indeed with the preview quality set to lowest and gets even worse with higher settings. There is no difference if I enable or disable hardware acceleration settings.

I have an ATI Radeon 6800 series video card in an Intel Q8400 Core 2 Quad System equipped with 16GB RAM. OS is Windows 7, Catalyst version is 12.10 -which has been reported on this forum as "good"- and I applied the PD11 update to build 2215.

As a new user, I am completely alienated by PD11's inferior performance! A different, 3 years old consumer video editing software performs much better (to the point where it can actually be used to get things done) on my system.

Anything I can do to remedy the situation short of demanding a refund?

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2012 11:25

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have shadow files set?

· Enable HD video processing (shadow file): select this to speed up the editing of high definition video by enabling CyberLink PowerDirector to process the file faster. Enabling this consumes more CPU resources.

Also what quality do you have the preview set? (options under the preview window)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2012 11:54

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all,

I recently purchased Powerdirector 11 Ultimate in hopes to edit some old footage of mine, coming from an old miniDV camera.

Here I have the best image quality from MiniDV tapes.
Savar profile in MPEG2 (DVD)
1 - Apply Intelligent SVRT (Low Fild First)
2 - Apply Harware video encoder (Low Fild First)
3 - MPEG2 HQ profile (apply denoise Video) (top Fild First)
PD as standard DVD uses (top Fild First), miniDV videos are at the origin (Low Fild First) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate