Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector Suite 4 with ColorDirector Ultra
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I've been waiting for a better price on ColorDirector, and today I saw that PhotoDirector Suite 4 for $139.99 comes with both PhotoDirector Ultra and ColorDirector Ultra. The price includes a 5% discount for "Black Friday."

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've been waiting for a better price on ColorDirector, and today I saw that PhotoDirector Suite 4 for $139.99 comes with both PhotoDirector Ultra and ColorDirector Ultra. The price includes a 5% discount for "Black Friday."

Although ColorDirector is useful by itself, it isn't a full-fledged video editor. You'll need an editor of some kind to do anything fancy.

The editor doesn't have to be a CyberLink product, since ColorDirector's output is a standard video file. Jerry Schwartz
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
At the time I purchased PD11, I didn't have the money for the extra goodies. After seeing how well the object tracking worked in the trial of ColorDirector, I knew I was going to get it eventually.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
Hello Xerox,

I think you'll enjoy what ColorDirector can do. With your experience using PD, you'll find much finer colour correction possible in CDR.

You may have noticed a thread started by Tom (Kmot) when we were just starting to experiment with using masks to change colours of specific parts of a video. When you have a play, it would be great if you could post links to some of your efforts.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24921.page

Just so you're aware, there was a patch released for CDR http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/colordirector/patches_en_GB.html The version you purchased may be build 2107, in which case the patch will be superfluous.

PIX PIX YouTube channel