Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cross-fading clips
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I saw your response to fading a title. Can you give me a brief how-to for the following. I want to have one clip and another overlap, so one image fades as the other brightens. I think this is called a cross-fade? i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I saw your response to fading a title. Can you give me a brief how-to for the following. I want to have one clip and another overlap, so one image fades as the other brightens. I think this is called a cross-fade?

Open PD
Drag the aquarium.mpg into the time-line twice
Select Transitions (icon on the left of the media library)
Look for "Fade"
Click and drag down between the two video clips (a Fade can be used at the start and end of a video as well - fade from/to black effect)
Click on the transition in the time-line.
Alter the length - say 4 seconds (Default length for transitions is 2 seconds)
You can alter the length of a transition up to a maximum of half the length of the shortest of the two clips.

You should have your merged fade effect.

To alter the default transition length:
Edit > Preferences > You should be able to see what needs to be altered.

I've written all this from memory - if I've made an error or you need it explained further etc etc.

Dafydd
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
doh !!

Well I did say I was a complete Newbie to video and video editing. Tx for the tips, just as a matter of interest, what would you call 'small' project?

If I use PD6 to 'Produce' my movie, and P2Go to write the disc, does it have to be finalized? i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232