Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Turning Audio to Mono
[Post New]
I've been capturing video through a video capture devise that takes video from RCA cables. Sometimes after I'm done recording I find that one of the audio cables isn't plugged in correctly. Is it possible to make the audio from the right & left speakers mono in Power Director v5? I try to be careful about this so it doesn't happen very often when I capture video. It's a pain to do the capture all over again.
[Post New]
No replies?

Well, I guess it can't be done. Thanks to all who considered this questions
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You may be missing one half of your sound, so even if it works, it may sound odd.
Let's be clear, you want to take your one captured sound channel and make it go thru both left and right channels in your finished product, correct? Let me ponder that a wee bit more. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Post New]
Oh! I did get a reply. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I didn't think anyone else would.

All I really want done is to turn stereo audio, in mono audio from a captured video clip.
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2008 00:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Even though this thread is a year old, I ran into exactly the same
problem.

I had dubbed some old vcr tapes into a stereo DVD recorder.
Didnt bother with a splitter Y cables, so I figured Id capture on the left channel, and use PowerDirector to apply it to both L/R.

Unfortunately it didnt let me.
I had to rip the audio from the movie file using one piece of software
(AoA Audio Extractor), resave it as mono using another piece of software
(Audacity), and finally load it back into PowerDirector

A simple 'Make Mono' in addition to the 'Mute Track' would have been
a huge time saver in this case.

Cheers,
Rob.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2009 00:05