Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black & White
Thanalas [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2011 02:13 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
What would be the best way to turn video into B&W? I use the B&W effect button but the results are not as good as I have in mind... I do adjust saturation, brightness etc. but still not as bright, clear and saturated as I would like. Any other ideas ?
Thanks,
Thanos
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What would be the best way to turn video into B&W? I use the B&W effect button but the results are not as good as I have in mind... I do adjust saturation, brightness etc. but still not as bright, clear and saturated as I would like. Any other ideas ?
Thanks,
Thanos

Did you try:
Do nothing else to the clip, just these adjustments.
Clip Mode
Fix/Enhance > Color Adjustment.

Saturation all the way to 0 (zero).
Increase sharpness, just a little bit, too much is not good

Leave all the rest of the sliders at normal.

Produce. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Thanalas [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2011 02:13 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Very often, simple things are better in life.... and so are in video editing!!! Much better results. I overdid some adjustments.
Thanks Carl,
Thanos