Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Locking Up Producing Files
JMSetzler [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Hickory, North Carolina, USA Joined: Dec 25, 2007 00:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have several clips that I have produced with PowerDirector 6 in the wmv format using the YouTube portion of the production process. I loaded up a group of those clips into a new project and attempted to produce a new file in the Portable MPEG 4 format, and the production just hangs up and never produces the file or any error messages. The timer starts counting and the software creates my new file in the appropriate folder, but no data is ever written to that file and the production timer just counts up and never times out or produces any type of error.

Any thoughts on how I may be able to make this work?

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
ok - I'll post an answer in a little while.

Sorry about that, I just didn't want this post to get lost.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 05. 2008 13:40

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I want you to carry out a test - as I haven't the same files as you have etc etc.

1. open PD
2. drag Aquarium.mpg into the time-line
3. go to Produce
4. select Create streaming File
5. select WMV
6. select WMV9 for LAN (256kbps) (I used my own wmv profile for 16:9 files - that's the only change I made)
7. create the file

Okay bring the file back into PD6 and place into the time-line a couple of times.

Next:

8. select Produce
9. Create a File
10. Portable MPEG 4 format
11. Settings: PSP-MPEG4 AVC / Best Quality PSP video (H.264)
12 OK - make the file

I have not had a problem.

Dafydd