Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Optimizing windows 7 for Power Director
Late951 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2012 07:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I recently invested a chunk of money into building a fresh hi spec video editing PC since my last (Win XP) PC was struggling a bit. Naturally I was pleased with the smooth performance of PD on the new PC as soon as it was installed. Then as Win 7 downloaded the latest updates and I installed the usual run of the mill applications I noticed that within a week of the new computer being built PD was already starting to falter a bit during the video editing process. I was not very happy that the $$ hardware investment I had made was being undermined by the operating system and application overheads.

A little bit of research led me to the sevenforums where I found some very good tutorials on optimising windows 7 by means of stopping unnecessary services and applications and some guidance on setting up Solid State Drives ( SSD ) to further enhance performance.

I spent the weekend tweaking my system in line with the tutorials and I am happy to say that it is now performing quickly once again. I just thought I should mention this experience as it made a big difference to my PC and the whole editing experience as a result. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found themselves in a similar situation.

Asus PX79 Pro
i7-3820 & 16GB Gskill RAM, 64GB SSD OS Drive, 128GB SSD workspace, 2TB RAID 0, 2TB Backup, GTX-670, Win 7 x64 Professional.
PSE 11 & PDR10.
Nikon d70, d90, Canon G12, HD Hero, Panasonic HCV-500
Late951 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2012 07:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
The link to the home page for the win 7 forum is here
http://www.sevenforums.com/

The Win 7 optimizing tutorial is here and it contains links to the related tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11728-optimize-windows-7-a.html?filter[2]=Performance%20Maintenance

PS. I have no association with the forum, I just found it to contain some good/effective advice. Asus PX79 Pro
i7-3820 & 16GB Gskill RAM, 64GB SSD OS Drive, 128GB SSD workspace, 2TB RAID 0, 2TB Backup, GTX-670, Win 7 x64 Professional.
PSE 11 & PDR10.
Nikon d70, d90, Canon G12, HD Hero, Panasonic HCV-500
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent post. Thank you for the information
Dafydd