Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
State of current Video Drivers
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl!

FYI..... I have been running 12.8 for a few days now with no ill effects running PD11. What problems should I be aware of?

Kevin

The ill effect I have noticed is no hardware acceleration.

If you do not use Hardware Acceleration, no problem.

See Ya, Kevin.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

I can only speak for myself. I am running Power Director 11, Build 2110 and I am using Video Driver 12.8 and I have Hardware Acceleration available to all pertinent video file types. No ill affects when producing to a video file. I should say that I normally do not use HA as a rule.

But 12.8 video driver does allow Hardware Acceleration to be selected on my system with Power Director 11 and Power Director 10 Ultra. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I am only reporting what I am seeing on my system and supporting it with screen captures supporting what I am observing.

Kevin
[Thumb - 12.8.PNG]
 Filename
12.8.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Catalyst 12.8
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
543 time(s)
[Thumb - PD10 HA enabled.PNG]
 Filename
PD10 HA enabled.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
HA enabled PD10
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
530 time(s)
[Thumb - HA.PNG]
 Filename
HA.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
HA enabled PD11
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
520 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2012 08:47

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Aren't most of the recent problems with the new nVidia drivers? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl,

I can only speak for myself. I am running Power Director 11, Build 2110 and I am using Video Driver 12.8 and I have Hardware Acceleration available to all pertinent video file types. No ill affects when producing to a video file. I should say that I normally do not use HA as a rule.

But 12.8 video driver does allow Hardware Acceleration to be selected on my system with Power Director 11 and Power Director 10 Ultra. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I am only reporting what I am seeing on my system and supporting it with screen captures supporting what I am observing.

Kevin

Kevin, have you actually tried producing a video (AVCHD) with the HA selected.

That would be the production I would use most often, my Canon HF100 camera produces mts files and I like to produce M2TS from the Edited video. For Youtube HD WMV.

The last time I Had 12.8 installed was in Powerdirector 9 Ultra 64. The check marks were there but when you pressed Start, a window popped up saying something about installing Xcode driver.
I am using my memory, but it has been a little while since I have tried the 12.8 driver.

HA did not actually work.
Now that I have Powerdirector 11 Ultimate, I have not tried the 12.8 driver.
I sure would like it to work, as my 12.4 driver gives the occasional Green Screen.

I have used HA in PD11 for WMV, I get artifacts with the 12.4 driver.

I also do not normally use HA, too many artifacts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2012 09:26

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I am on the road right now, but I will do some tests and post some results using 12.8 with PD11.

Thanks for your feedback Carl! It's always appreciated!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.