Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12: covers in library?
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Is there any way for PowerDVD to recover the movie covers for my recorded movies and TV shows?

Thanks for your time...
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi guys,

Is there any way for PowerDVD to recover the movie covers for my recorded movies and TV shows?

Thanks for your time...

Where would it look? I don't know of any on-line data base for videos like there is for audio files. Do you know of one? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
I didn't have to develop any movie DB (yet) so I didn't look for it. But I'm pretty sure there are some. IE: where do XBMC and the likes look into?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I didn't have to develop any movie DB (yet) so I didn't look for it. But I'm pretty sure there are some. IE: where do XBMC and the likes look into?

I had to Google for XBMC but i think this tells you -Wikipedia. There may be some royalty or other legal issues. Ask Cyberlink Support.

"XBMC has the built-in optional function to automatically download metadata information, cover art and other related media artwork online through its web scrapers that looks for media in the user's audio / video folders and their sub-directories. These "scrapers" are this way used as importers to obtain detailed information from various Internet resources about movies and television shows. It can get synopses, reviews, movie posters, titles, genre classification, and other similar data. XBMC GUI then provide a rich display for audio and video files that the scrapers have identified.

Scrapers use sites like themoviedb.org[33] or IMDb.com to obtain thumbnails and information on movies, thetvdb.com for TV show posters and episode plots, CDDB for audio CD track listings, and Allmusic (AMG) and MusicBrainz for album thumbnails, reviews, and metadata.[29]"

Perhaps in a future build !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2012 14:24

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Perhaps... It would be a nice feat. Much like it can obtain rating and other things... It's nice to have covers and other stuff in your library. Specially for me that I'm travelling with my notebook.

Thanks for your time again! Cheers.