Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound level in all clips
Thanalas [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2011 02:13 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to adjust the sound level in all clips together at the same time in timeline? I usualy end up with a banch of clips that I need to lower the sound of.
Thanos
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there any way to adjust the sound level in all clips together at the same time in timeline? I usualy end up with a banch of clips that I need to lower the sound of.
Thanos

In the Audio mixing room there is a horizontal slider (for each audio track), that slider controls the whole track. The Vertical slider controls just the selected clip.

You do have to control each track, which means if you have multiple audio tracks, you have to adjust each one.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Carl,
I was refering to the video clips though and not the audio...
any ideas?

Thanos
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply Carl,
I was refering to the video clips though and not the audio...
any ideas?

Thanos

Video clips have sound, and you can adjust the sound levels the way I described.

The Audio Mixing Room works on the Sound in the Video Clip also.

Try it and see what it does. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Goodmorning Carl (or better, Goodnight for you in Texas... I just got to work, in Athens, Greece...))
If I mark say five of my video clips and go to AMR, the only sound level that can be controled is the one that is under the cursor in timeline (the vertical line in timeline). If the cursor is on another point and I choose - highlight - other videoclips, nothing happens when I play with the audio1 vertical control!!.. Am I missing something?
What I would like to do, is highlight a buntch of video clips and be able to control the sound level in all of them...
Possible?

Again, thanks for the input,
Thanos
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, your feedback has been very valuable to me. greetings Eugenio. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Goodmorning Carl (or better, Goodnight for you in Texas... I just got to work, in Athens, Greece...))
If I mark say five of my video clips and go to AMR, the only sound level that can be controled is the one that is under the cursor in timeline (the vertical line in timeline). If the cursor is on another point and I choose - highlight - other videoclips, nothing happens when I play with the audio1 vertical control!!.. Am I missing something?
What I would like to do, is highlight a buntch of video clips and be able to control the sound level in all of them...
Possible?

Again, thanks for the input,
Thanos

You can only adjust the sound of one clip. selecting multiple clips kills the Audio Mixing Room function.
You can do one clip (selected) or the whole track, not a group.

Of course there is always the external Audio Editor where you adjust the audio levels of each clip. bring the adjusted audio WAV file in to Powerdirector and mute the video sound.

The problem is multiple videos, you have to adjust each one separately.

It just seems there is never an easy way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2012 09:09

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Exactly what I had in mind..
Thanks for your time Carl. Well, I have to admit that PD does make a lot of things easier... not all of them though...
Thanks
Thanos