Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 stops in the middle of creating a file and now cannot even open PD
[Post New]
Help help help please!
It is some time since I made my last DVD but this one of my HOLIDAY in June has stopped in the middle (2mins and 49 secs of about 11 mins) of creating the .264 file that I was next going to use to burn the DVD.
When it stopped it said something like "unable to import file" or something similar. So I went to "My Videos" and played back the file it HAD created thus far. It was shown as a DVD gold disc with a blue arrow on it I think. I played it in Windows Videomaker. Some of the audio was missing and some of the video was missing. Yes, a bucket of you know what. So I deleted it from the file.
The "Produce" page was still open on the screen but not responding to any clicks on the mouse. I couldn't even close it!!! So I turned off the computer and then back on again. Then I went to the "Power Director" icon on the desktop and when I clicked on that it would not open either but a window came up saying "Concurrent User Sessions are not supported"!!! Oh really???

Can some kind person please help me fix this mess?

Thanks so much.

Phil.
Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

[Post New]
Well I tried logging off the computer and switching back on and logging back on and all was well. But this time I made an M-Peg 2 file and burnt two DVD's off that successfully.

All is now well in this house! Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well I tried logging off the computer and switching back on and logging back on and all was well. But this time I made an M-Peg 2 file and burnt two DVD's off that successfully.

All is now well in this house!

Good for you!

Next time, shut down the computer (turn off power).

That frees any memory in use and clears the Windows Cache files
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.