Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector for Android
sulfobus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2012 14:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
In january I heard PowerDirector for Android was on its way. Any update on that?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In january I heard PowerDirector for Android was on its way. Any update on that?

Power Director? Are you sure it is not PowerDVD or some other variation? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I think that Power Director can output to android was what implicated...not a Power Driector veideo editor..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
The Power Director editing app for android was shown in the January CES show. It will be able to edit HD video. It probably won't be able to edit the same projects created in the desktop version but will allow the user to produce a finished HD product on a mobile device.

Articles that I have read say that the app is only available with specific hardware bundles. But it is unclear what those hardware bundles are. The app will take advantage of the growing and strengthening mobile video editing market.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/company/press-news-content.do?pid=2936

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2012 19:03

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
sulfobus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2012 14:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. Yeah, that was the last I heard as well. I was hoping someone from the company would comment here in the forum, but maybe I'll have to contact them by email.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
There was a contact email at the end of the link in my post. They hopefully can tell you when the app will be available. Sounds like a pretty cool app, too bad its not available for the iPhone!

Kevin
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Here's Louis demonstrating the PD app on a Windows slate http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/23/cyberlink-powerdirector-windows-8-tablet-video-editing-app/

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
sulfobus and Cap'n Kevin,

There is unfortunately no PowerDirector Android version. What you see in the CES video that Tony shared is for Windows 8 only. That version is called PowerDirector Metro.

PowerDirector will most likely not be available on other operating systems, because it relies on some Microsoft components. That is not to say that another one of our products won't appear on a different OS soon.

Currently there is a version of PowerDVD made for Android and Apple tablets called PowerDVD Mobile as someone mentioned.

Regards,
David
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi David thank you for the information. It is very helpful. It might be a good idea to have someone at Cyberlink make a correction to this Cyberlink press release on the Cyberlink website.

Was Alice Chang, CEO of Cyberlink, misquoted in the press release?

CyberLink Demonstrates PowerDirector Mobile for Android at CES 2012, Featuring Optimization on NVIDIA’s Quad-Core Tegra 3 Processor
Taipei, Taiwan—January 10, 2012—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solution provider for the connected digital lifestyle, unveiled its brand new Android device application at CES 2012. From the award-winning, world’s fastest video editor on PC –PowerDirector, CyberLink brings the experience of building high performance video editor to the Android platform, introducing PowerDirector Mobile for Android. PowerDirector Mobile for Android is optimized for NVIDIA’s new quad-core Tegra 3 mobile processor, enabling a high-performance video editing experience on the ARM platform.

PowerDirector Mobile’s quad-core optimization on the NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 processor will provide users with unprecedented speed and performance when editing videos on their Android devices.

“PowerDirector Mobile for Android is an exciting development for us, delivering unparalleled on-the-spot video creation experience,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “We are delighted to work closely with NVIDIA, enabling consumers to create high-quality personal movies directly from portable devices.”

“CyberLink’s terrific video-editing capabilities will be more convenient than ever when consumers use their Tegra 3-powered mobile device to run the PowerDirector app,” said Chris Pedersen, Content Development Manager, at NVIDIA. “Its quad-core strength enables amazing speedups with great energy efficiency. Our companies are continuing to work together to bring PC-class multimedia experiences to Tegra-powered super phones and tablets."

PowerDirector Mobile for Android enables high performance video editing on ARM, including:

Real-time HD video decoding optimized for maximum bus speed, providing two simultaneous 1080p video real-time decode capability.
Theme-base video editing with transition and video effects. Users can create pro-like movies in minutes using their content along with professionally designed templates.
4-thread optimization with unparalleled performance, enabling:
Live preview of multiple HD video in real-time
Accelerated real-time video frame composition
Faster video production with unprecedented encoding speed
PowerDirector Mobile for Android is currently only available for hardware bundling partners. For more information, please contact Contact_OEM_Sales@cyberlink.com. 

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2012 06:33

CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link. I thought the product sounded familiar, but I got my info straight from the PDR project manager.

We are looking at it now and I will get back to you with the truth. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
David
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

I got the scoop. PowerDirector Metro Android is for OEM companies only, and it is customized for each company. It will not be available for retail release.

It won't have the PowerDirector naming when included on OEM tablets. It was just used for brand recognition purposes during CES.

Regards,
David
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Thanks for the speedy follow up David! Thanks for clearing it up for those that are using the Android hardware.

Kevin