Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
multiple frames on one video?
geeezuz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2012 14:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to create multiple frames or video shots on the one video like in this video, maybe more than 2 frames, if yes, how do you do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ykdZ8U5Jf0
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
It is relatively easy to do in Power Director. I have had as many as 16 videos running on the same screen at a time. (TV Wall)

You will need one track for every shot you want on the screen. In the above I had a total of 20 tracks in the project. You can have up to 100 tracks in Power Director.

Once you have added the necessary tracks, you place the desired shots on the individual tracks, then resize and move to suit your needs. One thing to remember is the higher numbered tracks will overlay the lower numbered tracks.

The more tracks and videos(images) you have the more stress you put on your system. You will hit a point where your system may not handle all you want. You will have to experiment to find the limits your system can handle.

Hope this helps get you on the right rtrack.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
geeezuz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2012 14:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry but that is not very clear at all as to what I am supposed to do. Would you be able to provide some basic step by step instruction. Is this the same method as doing split screen? Does this video provide the right path to doing TV wall as you call it?

http://youtu.be/rhyEBFKKYs0
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm sorry but that is not very clear at all as to what I am supposed to do. Would you be able to provide some basic step by step instruction. Is this the same method as doing split screen? Does this video provide the right path to doing TV wall as you call it?

The video you are referring to is done in an earlier version of PD (PD8 or earlier). PD10 is a different program.

Please watch this video and you will get the basics on building your TV Wall. The video is only using one extra video but the principle is the same for eack track and video you want to add. Just place them in different portions of the screen.

Creating pop-up windows in PD9 for use in video walls

This video is done with PD9 but the procedure is exactly the same in PD10.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube