Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy a clip from track 1 to track 2 without affecting track 1??
NzYme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 10:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I copy a track from track 1 and copy to track 2 it affects the timeline and the video in track 1. Is there anyway to paste the clip from track 1 to track 2 without affecting anything is track 1? Hope that made sense : /

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2012 19:10

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can try unchecking Link all tracks when adding or removing content in timeline.

Its in Preferences, Editing.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2012 23:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm brand-new to PD11. On this subject, there does not seem to be an option in Preferences>Editing for unlinking Link All Tracks. Did I miss something? I too wish to copy chunks of Track 1 and paste them into Track 2 without disturbing Track 1.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, I'm brand-new to PD11. On this subject, there does not seem to be an option in Preferences>Editing for unlinking Link All Tracks. Did I miss something? I too wish to copy chunks of Track 1 and paste them into Track 2 without disturbing Track 1.

That option is no longer in PD11, It was in PD10 and earlier.

You can group the clips together, do your action, then ungroup.

Now you can use the Orange range finder to select all of the tracks at the same time. Then anything you do will affect all tracks.

You should have a choice of What to do, Remove and Leave gap or Remove and close up current track or remove and close all tracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2012 16:30

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2012 23:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thanks, yes I do have the options you mention. Distinctly missing is a simple copy command. It appears I must Cut & Close Up from Track 1, then Paste, then drag the new segment to Track 2. Of course, this leaves Track 1 with a missing part which I wanted to avoid.

/John
[Post New]
Quote: Every time I copy a track from track 1 and copy to track 2 it affects the timeline and the video in track 1. Is there anyway to paste the clip from track 1 to track 2 without affecting anything is track 1? Hope that made sense : /

I do it all the time in PD10 is quite easy, cut at the end and beginning of the scene. on the keyboard (Ctrol + C) (Copy) then (Ctrol + V) (Paste) was copied in the same position in track1, select and drag to the track2.
In the empty space in track1, click with the right mouse button and select (Remove end Close Gap)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate