Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit Page, Rendering slowdown?
Lottie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2012 15:38 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I am new to the forums and very new to the video editing world. I previously have been using Camtasia to edit my videos. It was very fast but did not have the features I wanted. My videos come off my Camcorder in 1080p at 60fps in a .MTS file type which is not something that Camtasia can work with natively. It Also does not work with 60fps.

So I read some reviews and bought Cyberlink PowerProducer 10.

I have two video clips, which I removed the audio from. I put them in the timeline and when I click play to watch them it plays for a few seconds and then renders. This can take forever sometimes, especially with long videos. Without doing that I cannot skip around my video to add effectsm because the preview window won't show any scenes from the video. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

With Camtasia, I would do much the same (after I converted my files into an mp4 since Camtasia wont use what my Sony Camcorder puts out) drag the videos into my timeline, hit play and it instantly plays, I can also jump anywhere I want in the timeline without this rendering stuff. Please help, let me know if you need more info. I still very much a novice with this!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
We are volunteers helping members., to help us we need some information about your computer system. Run dxDiag file and save the results to a text file and post here, the members can then have a better understanding.
Also there are two versions of Power Director Ultra (has more high end features) and Deluxe (less features) tell us your version.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Lottie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the help!

I am using PowerDirector 10 Ultra.

Here are some specs on my PC:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard
16 GBs G-skill Sniper Ram 1800mhz
Nvidia Geforce 680 GTX with 2 gbs video ram

How would I go about running a dxDiag? Thanks for the help so far!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2012 16:25

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lottie,
Welcome to forum by the way.
go to start menu on and type in Dxdiag in the text area..this runs the Dxdaig file select the '64Bit choice on its screen. When the program finishes 'save the file as a text file' (remember where you save to) exit.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Lottie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks! Hope this helps! I can maybe make a video to show what I mean is going on. Would that help? Not sure if I explained it correctly.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)
James1
[Post New]
Hi Lottie,
Ok your system should handle the process' nicely. Are the video files on external source or a hard drive? if they reside on external source that may be the bottle neck, transfer them to your hard drive. when in PD 10 the videos in the library aren't the actual videos just a script that informs PD where they reside and when dropped into timeline then PD 'grabs' the files from source and renders, so if they are on an external device this slows everything down.
Jim
p.s copy videos from original source to a folder and then render using the same format if possible also Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Lottie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I copied the Video off the Camcorder to a Video Folder. That folder is on the same hard drive everything else is installed on. It's not on a flash drive or external hard drive or anything like that.

When I click play on the video clip after I put it in the clip library it plays fine. When I drag it down to the timeline and click play on that it plays a few seconds and renders, plays a few seconds and renders.
[Post New]
Hi I'm another volunteer.

Lottie I know whats your problem your having,based on your DxDiag your using the nvidia beta drivers 304.79.

The 304.79 has problems using the hardware accelaration in PD10,you will need to use the official drivers 301.42 @
Link:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Lottie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi I'm another volunteer.

Lottie I know whats your problem your having,based on your DxDiag your using the nvidia beta drivers 304.79.

The 304.79 has problems using the hardware accelaration in PD10,you will need to use the official drivers 301.42 @
Link:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

That was exactly it! Thank you guys for your help!
Deepfins
Newbie Location: Central Coast - California Joined: Apr 22, 2011 22:50 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I just had the exact same problem. After pulling my hair out for about an hour trying to troubleshoot the problem, I went to this forum. After installing version 301.42, no more problem. Thanks, John

HP-d5200t
8 GB RAM
Intel Core II Quad CPU Q9650@3ghz
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 2
NVIDIA GForce 9600GS
LG BH12 Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
Canon HF-M41
Panasonic HC-X900