Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DTS to Dolby
ssss25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2012 03:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My audio receiver only supports Dolby, not DTS, I know some Bluerays don't have Dolby in English, can Cyberlink down mix DTS to Dobly? I know AC3 filter can do it but don't know how to tell Cyberlink to send to AC3 filter.

Thanks,
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no there is no option to decode DTS and then Encode to Dolby.

You can decode the DTS in POwerDVD and use the PCM output

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the clarification. Is this feature somewhow being considered to be developed in the future releases?
[Post New]
If you have a sound card with Dolby Digital Live encoding that would output all PC sounds in Dolby Digital.

Just tried it with my X-Fi titanium. (I usually use whatever the disc has (DTS orDolby) via SPDIF option in PDVD.
I started playing a DTS encoded disc, selected system audio in PDVD and set the card to Dolby Digital Live encoding. My amp picked up the audio from SPDIF cable as Dolby.

Hope that helps if you're willing to get a sound card.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2012 10:59

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85