Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need some help with keyframing
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have one or two clips where my hand-held camerawork wobbles around slightly, i.e. the horizon does not stay level, first sloping one way then the other from the horizontal. I hoped to be able to correct this with the Modify button by using keyframes to vary the rotation. I thought it was a case of clicking the Add/Edit motion tab in the PiP designer, selecting the green cross then adding keyframes at the required points and adjusting the rotation but it doesn't work the way I expected.

I can't find any information on this in the pdf manual or the Help menu so I'd be most grateful if someone can point me in the right direction. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike -

In PD9, that can't be done to my knowledge.

PD10 has the added facility to change rotation attributes by keyframing... http://youtu.be/d5xV_Tz8Oas

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks. I had a feeling that might be the case.

I had already looked at that PDtoots video but it seems a very long-winded procedure and unless I've misunderstood it (perfectly possible ) it doesn't look as if it would do what I want, which is to apply a few degrees of correction, both positive and negative, smoothly at different points in the clip. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64