Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting a vertical stretch on finished videos...
crazydoglady [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizona Joined: Jun 02, 2012 13:44 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_dyyHhoPJM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_Ls7oPbzU

I uploaded 2 movies last nite and both are showing a vertical stretch on playback when uploaded to YouTube.

If I play them in PowerDirector, they look fine, it is only when uploaded. (I have attatched the PD files just in case others see the stretch there) Both are in 16:9 aspect ratio.

I haven't done anything different (that I know of) with these 2 from the others I have done.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
 Filename
emmi rebirth.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
979 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
272 time(s)
 Filename
2nd slugger.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
449 time(s)
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
crazydoglady,

Just for your information. We cannot do anything with the .pds files.

They are just text files and do not contain any media. In order for us to see what might be going on we would need that actual media that is used in the project along with the .pds file.

All we see/will see is the text entered on the titles and black colorboards where the media should be.

I downloaded one in the hope that you had used the sample files included with Power Director. If you get the same result from the sample files you can create the same project and insert the sample files in place of your own media files. Then we will be able to load the projects and perhaps see what you are seeing.

Hal

edited to add:
Watching the videos, I see very little stretching. But then I have not got the original media in order to make a comparison.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2012 21:20

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi crazydoglady -

Based on the fact that your other YouTube videos are 16:9 & lookin' fine, I'd say you've selected a 4:3 profile for upload to YouTube.

You didn't perhaps choose WMV High Quality, did you? It's 1440x1080 which is 4:3 unless your camera shoots in that resolution. It's for video with non-square pixels.

YouTube doesn't handle non-square pixels, as far as I know.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!