Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
URGENT - What is the simkey file?
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys,

I just tried to start PD10U and got an error message "could not find the simkey file, please reinstall it".

I did not delete anything form PD10U. I even ran it and produced a couple of videos yesterday to help a fellow troubleshoot his AMD card.
[Thumb - pd error.jpg]
 Filename
pd error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
750 time(s)
~Tom~
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I have located the file in my PD folder, and when I open it with Wordpad it is just gibberish.
[Thumb - gibberish.jpg]
 Filename
gibberish.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
231 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
664 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2012 16:01

~Tom~
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Tom,
I have googled "simkey" (as I'm sure you have) because I have not
come across that word before. When googling, PD comes up often-
from earlier versions as well.
Maybe something here http://advancedpcadvisor.com/fix-dllfiles/Simkey.exe-error-diagnosis_417781.html
or here http://www.wooutilities.com/dllerrors-library/fix-simkey-exe-info.html

- my guess is that you have to reinstalll..
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Kmot
[Post New]
Thank you Nina!

Strangely, I tried to start it again and it started up normally!

I was ready to uninstall/re-install but decided to try to start it again first.

Perhaps it's because I went into the PD10 folder and clicked on the simkey file in order to capture the screen shots, that it jogged it's memory?

Strange.... ~Tom~
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kmot,
I think the simkey is the registration information for PD...sound like that would be the jibberish...so as not to tinker with it..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Kmot
[Post New]
Okay, I am not touching a thing! ~Tom~
Samayra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2014 13:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. i re started the laptop but nothing. is there a way i can download it from somewhere?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You will get better responses if you start a new topic. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM