Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview in Media Viewer
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PowerDirector (ver 10).

How do you get the preview in Media Viewer to default to come up and stay on, so you don't have to use the "Preview in Media Viewer" button all the time? I don't see a choice in preferences.

Thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Argonaut ,
Please provide a screenshot of what you're referring to/looking at - would be easier for members to pick up and give an answer to.

Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page
Part E & F

Thanks

Dafydd
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Argonaut,

This feature you're asking about and, presumably, asking for simply isn't there. As a matter of fact, you can't do any editing while the Media Viewer window is open.

I myself only sometimes use the Media Viewer to see the result in full defintion before I produce it but it only helps me tune up some very fine details. All in all, the two clicks to open it are not a big deal to me but perhaps I am missing your purpose of asking...

Jirka

Argonaut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd - I'm sorry, I don't know how to provide a screen shot.

Here's a better explanation of what I'm up against.

I am in full feature editor. I have imported an mpeg2 to edit. I see the thumbnail in the library window and the same image in the preview window.

As soon as I drag the thumnail into the first track of the timeline, the preview window goes blank for a second, and then comes up with a green screen (no image). If I hit "play", the range selector moves right, down the timeline. I hear the audio, but only see a green screen - no other inage.

If I click on the "preview in media veiwer" button below the preview window and select "launch media viewer" from the dropdown green preview goes to full screen, still showing only green, and if I hit play, it is still only audio - no image (except green screen). If I hit the red "x" to cancel out - THEN, after a couple seconds, I see the image in the preview window of the editor and it plays image and audio.

Is that the way it is suppose to work?

Thanks.
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Argonaut,

Your second decription is a different story. I notice this issue coming up every now and then here. I've never really followed these threads, which you should be able to find, but I think this problem could be caused by your video circuit driver. Whether a card or motherboard integrated, you should seek driver update.

Trying to find similar threads, I have also found one where the solution was reported through BIOS update.

Sorry, I can't help more myself...

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Actually the green thing come up a lot and is usually a codec problem or video card driver problem and was revisited last week here....

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23943.page __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Argonaut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, bolda and Bubba -

Thanks for your help. I followed the link Bubba provided to earlier posts and installed latest NVID driver, and that seems to have done the tirck.
Much appreciated. - Argonaut
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Argonaut wrote:
Dafydd - I'm sorry, I don't know how to provide a screen shot.

Press the Print Screen Key on the keyboard, then open a image editor or viewer and paste the image.

Save AS PNG or JPG somewhere you can find the image. Then Attach to the PD forum post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2012 10:07

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.