Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 Now Crashing When Producing- Had Similar Problem with PD9
AlpacaJackie53 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2011 16:17 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD for some time. I used PD9 for about 2 years, and suddenly last February, it started crashing (stopped working) when I was trying to produce a movie. After a bit of back-and-forth with tech support, I decided that an upgrade to PD10 would solve the problem, so I purchased the upgrade directly from the Cyberlink store.

I've used PD10 nearly every day since last February. Suddenly, as of three days ago, I am not able to produce movies. I can edit fine, but when I go to produce a MPEG, I make my settings and click Start, a popup window comes up "Error making movie". If I try to produce in .WMV or .MOV, the movie produces up to 100%, then I get a popup window "Cyberlink CLQTKernelClient32 has stopped working".

I'm providing a screen shot of the error messages, a DXDIAG from this morning, and a sample unedited video clip. I also have a video screen recording of me doing the steps that cause the crash, as well as screen shots of the custom profile settings I use for the MPEG-4 output.

I am NOT using the latest ATI video card driver, as Cyberlink tech support has told me that PD10 has issues with the latest driver.

Though I have made a custom output profile for MPEG-4, I have tried producing using the default setting for MPEG-4 and I get the same popup error no matter if I use a custom profile or the default one. So I don't think it's the custom profile settings that are causing a problem.

I have not installed any new software, nor done anything different or out of the ordinary between four days ago when PD worked great, and three days ago when it started to quit.

You guys are great at figuring out these puzzles, and I would so much appreciate your help. I make short one-minute video demos of the magic tricks we sell in our online magic shop, and I really, really need to be able to use PD! I'm not super tech savvy, so I may need some step-by-steps for any solutions you may want me to try. Thanks in advance!
--------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Driver Version: 8.892.0.0
Dedicated Memory: 1004 MB
Shared Memory: 3833 MB
PD version: PowerDirector10 Ultra 10.0.0.1703
PD SR number: VDE120314-03
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus
Codecs: none that I know of

Source file is from a Flip video camera, though the same problem occurs with files from Sony HSC-50 and from Panasonic HS900.

My actions:
1) Open PD10 program
2) File> Import >Media Files
3) Click the file I want to use
4) Since this is HD video, popup asks if I want to enable shadow preview- NO
5) File appears in PD content window
6) Drag file to timeline
7) Test in preview window to see if video and audio are working correctly
Click Produce button
9) In Produce screen, select MPEG-4
10) Profile type= Custom
11) Profile name= Wistia-640
12) UNCHECK enable preview during production
13) Select the output folder and file name
14) Click START
[Thumb - PDerror-errorwindow.jpg]
 Filename
PDerror-errorwindow.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error Popup when producing MPEG-4
 Filesize
304 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
210 time(s)
 Filename
VID00006.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
Sample 5-second clip
 Filesize
7509 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
328 time(s)
 Filename
July5-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
July 5 DxDiag Text
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)
[Post New]
On your profile Wistia-640,edit it to show the pop up box.
Go to the video tab and make sure to Uncheck the deblock at very botton of the box and then save the changes and try to produce the movie again.

Deblock settins can cause this problems,at least it happens to me.

EDIT:

I re read your post again and saw that even with no custom profile you still get error.

I wondering you might need to reinstall PD again.

PS
I just did a quick search on google and found a post by Dafydd Bevan about your problem with "Cyberlink CLQTKernelClient32 has stopped working".:
Hi,
W7
Go to your Control Panel,
Here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
Select to uninstall QuickTime

Please uninstall PD next
Run the CL Cleaner tool: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/bookmarks/list/4556.page
Now shut down/restart your PC
Install PD9 again.

I'm guessing there is a problem with CL and QT interaction.

You need QT on your PC for PD to function correctly. If you've installed a codec pack (see PD9's readme html file) it can have an adverse effect on some systems, knocking out QT by substituting codecs.

You will need to reinstall quicktime gain after you uninstall it.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 05. 2012 22:28

AlpacaJackie53 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had such high hopes!

I followed your instructions and uninstalled PD10, the two content packs and the Wave Editor.
I also uninstalled Quicktime 7.
I ran the cleaner.
I rebooted the computer.
I reinstalled PD 10, the two content packs and the Wave Editor (which was automatically installed, along with Smart Sound, when I installed PD 10).
Quicktime was also automatically installed by PD 10 (I checked to make sure it's on)
I downloaded and installed the latest update for PD 10 from the Cyberlink site.
I launched the new PD10 program and registered it with my key.
I clicked the logo to check the version, and it was indeed PD10 Ultra 10.0.0.1703, registered to me
I loaded in one of my projects.
I clicked Produce, and chose the custom profile for MPEG-4
I clicked Start.
Up popped the error window- Error Making Movie.

And I tried producing using MOV- got the same "Cyberlink CLQTKernelClient32 has stopped working" error message.

Hopefully, you may have more suggestions? Thanks for the help!
[Post New]
Sorry for late response,I been busy.

I try to help best I can.

Hmm,Did you download the latest version of Quicktime from apples website after everything is installed?

You did everything that I would do except I would download the new version on Quicktime from apples site after everything is installed with all the patches etc.

Other then that would contact the official tech support for further help.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Your issue (as you have reported it) reads as if the PD9 problem and the PD10 problem could be related but probably not.

So leaving that aside :

PD10 can run in safe mode, as far as I am aware - certainly for editing, so it might be worthwhile trying it, just to check the operating at a basic level.

I have played with CLQTKernelClient32.dll as found in
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\runtime\encoderPack

I can still produce your clip to a default .mp4 profile even if CLQTKernelClient32.dll is renamed. However, PD stops working (hangs) if I try to produce to a .mov format with the renamed file.

I do not know what CLQTKernelClient32.dll does other than from its name and this test it is likely to be involved in QT somehow.

You could check if there are any previous versions available in the properties tab??

As a possible complete red herring, on my system I have no file types, other than .mov, associated with QT, so my default for .mp4 files is MPCHC 64 bit so QT is only ever used for .mov files.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
AlpacaJackie53 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Brygard- thanks for the help. Yes, I did install the latest version of QT. In fact, I have upgraded the version to QT Pro. Still getting the same error.

Adrian- thanks for the help. I do not have any other versions of QT on the system. I uninstalled before I reinstalled. Now I am able to (sometimes) produce a .mov movie of about 1 minute (130MB) without getting the "Cyberlink CLQTKernelClient32 has stopped working" error message - but the produced movie has no sound.

If there is anything else you want to see, I have the following:

MSINFO32 file is at http://bit.ly/NcSXxS

ProcessExplorer screen shot is at http://bit.ly/M7ph7A

HW Monitor screen shot is at http://bit.ly/LUXxkz

What a mystery! Thanks for your help.
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Try to determine if Norton is set to scan all file activity, maybe thats hanging your system up, just a thought. Also try turning it off completely as it is resource hungry. Then try again...good luck.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
AlpacaJackie53 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dave- thanks for the help. I turned Norton off completely. Unfortunately, I still get the same error "Error making movie".

Still a mystery!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I actually meant any other versions of CLQTKernelClient32.dll.

However, it seems that there are a number of updates for your mobo from MSI, if I have your model correct, so, if you are up to it, it may well benefit the system in general to update BIOS and other system drivers.

There have been a number of cases where BIOS updates have benefited the odd PD problem.
This was a recent one for example :
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23553.page#128819

Cheers
Adrian
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.