Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vsync problem and wrath of the titans 3D BR
crisliv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2012 18:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
2 items today:

First, I yet again tried powerdvd 12 without reclock, and while playback is silky smooth for 10-15 mn, it starts to stutter like hell (approx 12fps) during 5mn, then comes back to normal.
This disappears when using ReClock with Vsync on on pdvd renderer.

As I understand, this is linked to the fact that PDVD does not lock Vsync, and while it's fine at the beginning of the movie, the Vsync will slowly move, to find itself out of the appropriate window, causing some displays to discard 1 frame over 2. And this situation will continue until the slow move of the Vsync gets it back into the appropriate window.

Maybe this is linked to the combination of gcard + cable + projector I have, but there are ways to lock the Vsync and that should be done in the source (games are doing it).

Will PDV support this one day?

Second, I tried to play Wrath of the Titans yesterday, and the first couple of times, after few seconds, screen went black with a mass of square color pixels, and that froze my PC. 3rd time I was able to see the movie entirely. 4rth time it froze again and the PC rebooted.

Has anyone tried this BR (3d version)?
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi crisliv, got any luck on this so far? I've got nothing on top of my head for this.