Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
title rotates 360 around a video of the earth from space
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this is possible but I would like a title to make a 360 rotation around the equator of a video of the earth in outer space. The title would first be hidden behind the earth then appear and disappear as it makes a 360 circle around the earth at the equator.
Is this possible in PD 10?

thanks, Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Whoa Heavytiger!

Have you considered just using a fade ??? You love a challenge - right?

My initial response would be that you're up against it with PD alone. You could pop out and buy the software used to make this... http://youtu.be/SNpfzK_LftU

The way titles rotate in PD is a little restrictive, even with the 3D-like title effects.

There are plenty of text/banner making programs that will generate the right sort of rotation... with perspective & shifting views... I'd be using third party software to make the text rotate, import that into PD & maybe use chroma key to remove the background. Not sure how that would go.

The easiest part is making the text travel across the face of the earth. The more challenging bit is how to get it to turn away from/toward the viewer with perspective. Could look pretty clunky I think!

It's a good question... just doesn't have a straight up answer. We'll all probably learn something!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there:

The thing you can't do in the Title Designer is bending or otherwise warping the title. You are only bound to choose from the preset effects available.

I've been thus thinking, just theoretically, of a way: Design your title in the Title Designer using the sidaways slide movement. I think you need three titles: one in front of the globe, one disappearing behind the globe and one reappearing from behind. (Not sure if or how you can acheive mirror-like font for the latter two but I suppose it's somehow possible.) You make them on, say, green background and produce as a clip.

You should then be able to size and bend this clip in the PiP Designer as desired keying out the green background. Should the effect be realistic, you would need the characters shrinking at the ends to mimic perspective view, perhaps by cutting up the three basic titles to some sections but that sounds almost like a letter-by-letter animation. This is likely to be a lot of rather experimental work one way or another...

ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
The "Rollercoaster" title effect would seem to be able, with a bit of manipulation, to achieve what heavytiger is after.
Unfortunately there's no way I can see to change the pre-defined track.
Pity, because it is an effect that's often seen on commercial films, ads etc.
So I guess it's off to find some third party software. One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the input

I have decided to scrap the idea. It would be too labor intensive for only so so results.

H.T. Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger