Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Searching isn't working for YouTube videos under Online Media tab in PowerDVD12
KER-CHIE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2012 07:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Whenever I type the name of a youtube video i want to open in the search field under the "Online Media - Youtube" category, the busy symbol just keeps spinning and no videos are displayed in the search results window.

Anybody had this problem before, and think they can help me to fix it?

Thanks
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Same annoying problem here,Win7x64 sp1. Everything OK,but NO YOU-TUBES PLAYING IN PDVD12!!! HELP PLEASE!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to post this type of response! It works fine for me.

Are you signed it properly? You may want to try to make a new profile. Try searching for something very generic so you know that there will be videos with that name. Check your firewall and anti-virus settings to make sure that you can get to YouTube.

Please post the title that you are looking for so someone can also look for it. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your reply,my profile works fine so its another cause. We use Eset Smart Sec. and we gave PDVD12 all permissions (in and out!). Can you tell us how we can get to YouTube via PDVD12?? The YouTube-site gives no problem with access and playing videos (with Adobe FlashPlayer 11), maybe we have to give permission inside Eset,for playing YouTubes with PDVD12? Thanks for your help,if you need more info for solving this problem,please let us know!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Again what video are you looking for? It may be private or blocked for some reason.

What do you mean how to get to YouTube via Power Director 12. Do you have that product? See attachment.
[Thumb - pdvd12youtube.png]
 Filename
pdvd12youtube.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
215 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2012 10:22

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does not matter what video,PowerDVD12 DOES NOT PLAY ANY YOUTUBE-VIDEO AT ALL!! Just tried to play a FLV-file with PowerDVD12,but ;does not recognize this file-type! So how can we play FLV-files( these are YouTube related files) in PowerDVD12?? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
[Post New]
Why are you reluctant to give us the name of the video you are searching for?

Actually, I went a little further. I was able to search for a video and found it. I was not able to play it. It looks like it is buffering but it never does complete.

My suggestion is to create a trouble ticket and see if Cyberlink can help. If so, post their suggestion here. .
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
We already created a ticket,but maybe this forum could bring us the solution we are searching for! When we set the PC back in a earlier time ( two weeks, and everything was ok,just before creating the back-up), the problem still exists!! Looks like an internet-problem,doesnt it?? When downloading a YouTube-url from the YouTube-mainscreen in PowerDVD12,with YouTubeDownloader, we get a flv-file wich we can play in PowerDVD12,so this file-type is no problem. It looks like PowerDVD12 can not download the file you have chosen,or it can not play this file for some reason??! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
[Post New]
Did you update to 1309c about 2 weeks ago? I may be that the patch un-patched something else. Your roll back probably fixed what that patch broke. .
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes we updated from version 12.0.1905.56 to version 12.0.1905c.56. We got this patch from the CyberLink-site,but in the program; there were no updates,when clicking on upgrades. We did a fresh install, without this latest patch, but made no difference! So we are using the latest PowerDVD12 Ultra 12.0.1905c.56. Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stef Flanders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 05:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem since few days and go back to an earlier system version doesn't repair things again. I'm working with a lot of editing programs, i never had problems with powerdirector 10 ultra, with powerdvd 12 ultr. I don't have problems with any other software, just with the two cyberlink ones. It has to do with the latest patches, but as Piet says...returning to earlier versions, or doing a total clean instal, doesn't solve the problem. This is really a problem, certainly working in 3D...
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
We are not talking about powerdirector, but about PowerDVD12 Ultra. Are we the only one with this problem, just can not imagine! Clean install of Win7 and PowerDVD12,and still not possible to watch my YouTube-movies, we choose in the Online-Media tab of YouTube, is there really no solution for this problem?? Or do we have to download these urls with other software,for playing these YouTube-files in PowerDVD12?? THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION SOMEWHERE!! We want to pay a reward for the wright solution for this problem, anybody who can help us??? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
alexander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2012 08:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
YOU TUBE - NOT WORK!
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
DO NOT GIVE UP!! We will get an update for PDVD12 next month ( October), for solving this annoying problem! Untill we get this update we use PowerDVD11 Ultra,wich works perfect in Win7 x64,no YouTube-problems, it just plays them all, even after a good cleaning of the system,it just keeps working fine!! We sure do hope PowerDVD12-Ultra will do the same after next-month update!!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: DO NOT GIVE UP!! We will get an update for PDVD12 next month ( October), for solving this annoying problem! Untill we get this update we use PowerDVD11 Ultra,wich works perfect in Win7 x64,no YouTube-problems, it just plays them all, even after a good cleaning of the system,it just keeps working fine!! We sure do hope PowerDVD12-Ultra will do the same after next-month update!!!

Insider information? What is the source? .
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
We got this (update-info) after contacting the CL-team,when we made a support-ticket for this YouTube-problem.
I guess they know this for sure,so we have to show some patience. Meanwile we keep using PowerDVD-11,wich gives us no problems at all!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!