Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
noisy sweeping sound in powerdvd
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the search forum and apparently this issue was around in 2008. My problem is that I'm using the latest version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra, and I experience the same sweeping noises in Powerdvd during bluray playback. I haven't heard the sounds in Media Player Classic or TMT? Anyone else experience this and possible know of a workaround to get Powerdvd to stop "sweeping" the drive head? (and no, it's not spin noise).
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Are you talking about the audio track when watching blu rays. I get a high pitch noise in the dts hd and Dolby he formats. Only way to get rid of it is to restart powerdvd.
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
No, I mean from the drive itself. The laser head would be my assumption. Sounds like its moving back and forth continously. Further testing shows the noise is drive related and not PowerDVD related. Oh well, guess the drive is either crappy or defective

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2012 01:28

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I think I know what you mean, mine does that when I use a W7 install disc. It's like the drive is spinning so fast it sounds like a vacuum, the laptop vibrates as the disc is not balanced.

Is this what you mean ?

Other times it continuously scans the disc and never stops, but that may be normal, for when it stops the movie pauses until the disc scans again.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2012 08:56