Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Centreing Text in the Title
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I've just upgraded to V10.0.0.1703 and went to edit the text in a new title

And find that the button for centreing the text within the text box has gone missing.

The buttons for font name and size are there, as are the Spacing, Bold, Italics and Colour.

I've tried Right Clicking everywhere but to no avail.

Anyone else got this problem? One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've just upgraded to V10.0.0.1703 and went to edit the text in a new title

And find that the button for centreing the text within the text box has gone missing.

The buttons for font name and size are there, as are the Spacing, Bold, Italics and Colour.

I've tried Right Clicking everywhere but to no avail.

Anyone else got this problem?

Click on the title in the timeline, Click the Modify Button on top of the timeline.

In the Title modify, you can modify the title any way, including centering vertically or horizontally.

Click OK when done.

If that does not work I have no Idea what may be wrong with your PD 10.

Select the clip on the timeline you can drag the title in the preview window.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
So you are saying your align objects button is not there?

[Thumb - Clipboard01.jpg]
 Filename
Clipboard01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2965 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 20. 2012 17:54

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Yes - it's the one fourth from the right that's missing. - just not there and no reaction when I roll the cursor over where it should be.

Was that screen shot taken from PD 10 after installing the last upgrade - Build 1703?

I'm at work now, and have turned my home computer off, but I'll have another look tonight and if it hasn't sorted itself out after a complete reboot then I'll post a screen shot. One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes - it's the one fourth from the right that's missing.

Hi ponderstibbons,

The fourth one from the right is missing, because I'm guessing that you have chosen a “3D Like” text template.

The "3D Like“ text templates do not have that alignment option available.
It has been reported to Cyberlink, and we are (I guess) all just waiting to see if they ever add this alignment option to the “3D Like” text templates in the future.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2012 22:06

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
OK..... yes options are different between 2D title and 3D title..... never noticed before.... The text is automatically centered in the text box in 3D like..... I always use centered anyway...

You can still use the lower placement options for box center up down ect....

Good call "C" man...... as usual....

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 20. 2012 22:37

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am going to suggest something that may be inconsequential but food for thought...if 3D is selected wouldn't 'Center' be inconsequential as if you rotate or give it a different aspect the 'Center' would be thrown off..and the offset of the Red/Cyan would also affect it?!
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,

The “3D Like” (hence the addition of “Like” in it’s name, as in… “Akin too”), is not really a 3D text template in the sense of the other 3D features in PD10. It’s just text that has depth to it (via the Extrusion tool), making it appear as 3D text with depth, without the need for glasses and such.

Plus I don’t think the question here is concerning “centering”, in terms of centering it on the screen. The question, if I am not incorrect, is a matter of the Text Alignment display.

In PD’s Title designer one usually has 3 options for text alignment.

That’s the option that is missing in the 3D Like text template.

[Thumb - Text Alignment.png]
 Filename
Text Alignment.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2838 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 20. 2012 23:35

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,
Oh ok....I was just stating a 'Maybe' situation as I created my own 'extrusions' and such in one of my programs so text centering I wasn't sure of...

Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ponderstibbons
[Post New]
Many Thanks Cranston

I hadn't realised that the 3D setting would have that implication.

I'm still at work but I'm sure I hadn't changed the setting to 2D.

Can't wait to get home, now and have another try - working my way through PDToot's excellent tutorials.

Thanks again - I'm sure this was the problem One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Cranston
[Post New]

I hope when you get home, and have a chance to experiment, that you’ll find that I haven’t led you down the garden path. But would welcome being corrected if I have. After all, that’s what this forum is all about. Sharing solutions, workarounds, and solving issues.
In the mean time, don’t work to hard.

( Thanks for the PDtoots comment ! )

EDIT:
Just to clarify...
It’s not a matter of one changing the overall 2D or 3D setting in PD10.
In Title Designer, there is a "3D Like" text template option in the list of available text templates.
It’s this “3D Like” classification of text templates, that have the missing alignment option, regardless of whether you are creating a 2D or 3D video.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2012 03:31

ponderstibbons
[Post New]
Well, I got home and tried to see what would happen if I changed to "Standard 2D Preview" and found that even if I select that choice it still shows as "3D" and still I haven't got the Justification selection box.

In fact, it doesn't matter which of the options I choose, that selection box just doesn't appear.

All of the other boxes on the screen work fine.

Has anyone upgraded to version 1703?

If so, are you having the same problem? One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: In fact, it doesn't matter which of the options I choose, that selection box just doesn't appear.
Hi ponderstibbons,

Please state which of the 21 text template groups in the Text Room (other than the “3D Like” template), that you’ve chosen, and include a screen shot of it, in… Title Designer.

For example…

[Thumb - General text example.png]
 Filename
General text example.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2890 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2012 08:11

ponderstibbons
[Post New]
"There's none so blind as those that will not see"
The Title template I was using is titled "Default", and the default wording on it is "My 3D Title"
I've no idea how many times I read those words and never thought what they were telling me!!
So - Lo and behold, when I went to create a new blank 2D title the justificaton box appeared again.
So once more I'm a happy little camper.
Just one more thing - how do you add a screenshot (or a video or any other file) to a message on the forum?
I've made the screen shot and reduced it to about 80kb but can't see an "add file" button anywhere.
Anyway, many thanks for all your help guys.
Love youse all One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: "There's none so blind as those that will not see"
The Title template I was using is titled "Default", and the default wording on it is "My 3D Title"
I've no idea how many times I read those words and never thought what they were telling me!!
So - Lo and behold, when I went to create a new blank 2D title the justificaton box appeared again.
So once more I'm a happy little camper.
Just one more thing - how do you add a screenshot (or a video or any other file) to a message on the forum?
I've made the screen shot and reduced it to about 80kb but can't see an "add file" button anywhere.
Anyway, many thanks for all your help guys.
Love youse all

To post a picture on the forum you first need a Photo storage site such as Photobucket. When you upload a picture to Photobucket, you are given various links, The one for Image is the one we use to post a picture on the forum.

Tip: The size you want your photo to be that is uploaded to Photobucket is about 720x480 or 720 x576.

720x480 or 720x576 is just about right to almost fill the forum window.

There is a Add File button on the forum, but that is for attachments (Files, Videos, Zips).

To get the Attachments button you must use the PostReply button and not the Quick Reply button.

Click the Blue Attachments button, gives you a place to add the file from your computer to the forum.

Edit: To put a Video player on the forum, you need a Youtube account, upload your video to your Youtube account, then using the Long link, there is a Youtube button on the forum at the top of the edit window, Click Youtube button Paste the long link, click Youtube button to close.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2012 11:44

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ponderstibbons
[Post New]
Thanks Carl

Very useful and concise One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,
To display an attached image on the forum please carry out the following.
Part one:
Select Post Reply
Select Attachment,
Browse on your PC for an image and attach an image to the Post Reply
Fill in the text to your post.
Select Submit
Part two
Go to your new post
Right click on the attachment and copy the image's url
Select Edit
Place your cursor where you want the image in your post
Select the IMG image insert option.
Select Paste and place the url
Select IMG image insert option as a script closure
Select Submit

Go to your new post
You should now have the image displaying.

There is no need to use external hosting sites.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2012 14:55

Cranston
[Post New]
EDIT: Nevermind. Dafydd beat me to it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2012 15:14

Carl312
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko,

Thank you for the explanation of how to display an image on the forum without using a Photo Site.

You have taught an old dog a new trick.

Cranston, you got to be fast on the trigger

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2012 15:58

Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: Cranston, you got to be fast on the trigger

Boy, ain't that the truth.