Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 8 Ultra version- Should I upgrade?
minksy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NSW Australia Joined: Aug 26, 2010 00:49 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I have just installed a new computer and thought that my projects would be a lot faster to edit but still the same as my other computer..also powerdirector keeps wanting to close the program on me . I am enclosing the information about my computer ..Can you tell me if i need to upgrade to a newer version of powerdirector.. Thanks Pam
 Filename
64 Pam DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
239 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have just installed a new computer and thought that my projects would be a lot faster to edit but still the same as my other computer..also powerdirector keeps wanting to close the program on me . I am enclosing the information about my computer ..Can you tell me if i need to upgrade to a newer version of powerdirector.. Thanks Pam

You new computer will struggle with PD 9 or PD 10 if you edit High definition video. Both PD 9 and PD 10 are 64 Bit programs and need more computer resources.

It may work OK with Powerdirector 8 Ultra.

You have Windows 7 64 bit which is good.

But you only have 4 GB of Ram on a 64 Bit system, you need to double the ram to have good response on a 64 Bit system.

Also your Video card is short of ram it only has Dedicated Memory: 504 MB. you need about 1 GB of Dedicated Memory for good HD video editing.

You do not have a BluRay Burner in that computer, so no BluRay Disk burning.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

minksy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NSW Australia Joined: Aug 26, 2010 00:49 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl - I will get my computer friend to get the extra memory & new video card & will let you know how I get on...
You are great at what you do and to all the other people that help everyone with their problams..we would all be lost without you smart people
Thanks again
Pam